Sign in to follow this  
hm12460

Patina look

hm12460

So how do you guys achieve that fine patina look on your old tractors? Got a good candidate here!

• Like 1

Sparky

Leave it outside uncovered...and let mother nature take care of it... :scratchead:  .

Mike..........

• Like 1

AMC RULES

Curious...no patina on it now?

• Like 1

HorseFixer

Leave in Barn for 50 years! :dunno:  :wacko:

~Duke :wh:

• Like 3

formariz

Patina is given to it through age and usage. To preserve it or bring it out a little more my preferred method is Stevebo's. Merely spray it with some light oil or WD-40 perhaps using a very fine Scotch pad (white) just to remove some of the grime without scratching it or removing the oxydation on the paint. Not only it will preserve it it will also accent the patina on it. on tractors that have paint at least 25 to 30 years old it really brings it out and preserves their character.

• Like 1

hm12460

Patina is given to it through age and usage. To preserve it or bring it out a little more my preferred method is Stevebo's. Merely spray it with some light oil or WD-40 perhaps using a very fine Scotch pad (white) just to remove some of the grime without scratching it or removing the oxydation on the paint. Not only it will preserve it it will also accent the patina on it. on tractors that have paint at least 25 to 30 years old it really brings it out and preserves their character.

Awesome! Thats the answer I was looking for.