Thomas Lindemann

1968 B80 Questions

Thomas Lindemann

Hello, hopefully a new owner soon, I'm looking at buying a Wheelhorse very soon and found one on craigslist listed as a 1968 B80.  Looking through the site and I found a model type they didn't list a B80 as a model for 68, is this a incomplete list or is the seller mistaken? I've included a picture if that helps identifying this tractor.

Regards

00Q0Q_jrw5EoJKrcb_600x450_zpsced2a5d7.jp

Edited by Thomas Lindemann

Lane Ranger

There was no 1968 B-80.   1974 to 1977 are the years for the B-80. 

Check out what the little metal tag says -Below your B-80 decal and post it. 

We will be able to tell you  ( and the seller) what year it it.

Edited by Lane Ranger
  • Like 1

Kelly

That looks to be a 74 or 75 with the flip up fender and hood ornament, also kinda looks like it's been repainted, not a bad thing just saying.  

• Like 1

AMC RULES

Nice looking, bulletproof :wh: , definitely go for it if the price seems right for you.  :handgestures-thumbsup: 

Thomas Lindemann

Thank you for the responses, it has definitely been repainted.  The owner is advertising it as "restored" but that word means something different to everyone. He is asking 600.00 Im going to look at it tonight after work. I have been looking for a older tractor for awhile. I have a acre of land so it will almost be used exclusively for mowing.  Not excited as much since I was hoping it was older (and older things are much more appealing to me) but reading through your forums seems very good things are said about them.

rmaynard

It's listed as "completely restored", but I don't think I could justify paying the asking price of $600.00. If it's running good with no smoke or engine noises, the transmission has no problems, and the restoration look good in person, I would offer maybe $350.00 to $400.00.  Unfortunately, the owner is trying to get back some of what he has put into it, but that's not always going to happen.

rmaynard

Remember, no matter what you pay, it's still going to be a 40 year old tractor.

FYI, he does have the wrong decals on the hood.

Thomas Lindemann

Yeah im going to try to get it for considerably cheaper, the fact he doesn't even know what year it is says something.

Lane Ranger

I paid $600  six years ago for a 1975 B-80 with a 36 inch mower deck,  two wheel cart, snowplow, chains and cast iron real wheel weights.   It was in great condition and I mow, plow and haul with it all the time.   A good all-around garden tractor.   I have two mower decks as I always want to have one ready in case something breaks , etc  to keep mow-ready!  I like the B-80 a lot.

• Like 1

redsquarebob

Seller is mistaken

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hm12460

The B-80 is a very good little machine. If it is in truly, truly excellent condition, I'd give $600 for it. If you bought a beater for $200, you would have much more than $600 in it to bring it to the condition this one appears to be in. Look at it closely. Picture's don't always tell the story.

Edited by hm12460
  • Like 2