brian pa

new to wheel horse

brian pa

Hello

Just picked up my first wheel horse a 314a model. I'm thinking its a 1985 after a little research but not sure. Its in pretty good shape both mechanically and body wise. I plan on taking down to metal and repainting at this point. It has 1200 hours But runs solid and no smoke. It has the kohler cast iron series engine with the hydro transmission. Does anybody know what the parts availability for this tractor is like? Its gonna be a worker at this point. Thanks I enjoy this site.

Brian

Central PA

WH nut

Welcome aboard.

You can find just about anything you need for the old horses, Between new and used you will be good for a long time. The better question would be to list what you need and go from there.

rexman72

welcome  to the site and you have a nice tractor and theres parts and attachments for it.

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Brian,,,,, :wwp:  :WRS: ,,,,,your hooked now. All it takes is getting the first one.

Glenn

KATO

Welcome to :rs: ...parts shouldnt be a problem for that one

and like JERSEY said :wwp:

AMC RULES

:WRS:

chazm

WELCOME TO :rs: 

Hey Brian another PA guy IN DA HOUSE...  :greetings-wavegreen: 

You'll love your 314,I have  314-8 & its DA BOMB    :handgestures-thumbupright:

KC9KAS

Desko

WELCOME TO :rs: 

Hey Brian another PA guy IN DA HOUSE...  :greetings-wavegreen: 

You'll love your 314,I have  314-8 & its DA BOMB    :handgestures-thumbupright:

Can beat PA with all the snow and the horses to push it this year. The other day I seen an old broke down C-160 with no motor it was an automatic to. Also to the new fellow welcome to the best site on the internet:)

can whlvr

welcome,you will need to know your model number,it should be on the seat pan,some between your legs,some they put under the seat,its a white stick on and quite often they are worn out,if you have it it will help us tell you what you have,and also when ordering parts at the toro dealer or other sources like parts tree,ebay,etc.or from our local used parts guys on this site,look under the vendors,good luck and get us some pics

Hodge71

:WRS:  Gad to see another guy from PA joining the ranks!!

brian pa

Thanks everyone for the comments. Ill get some pics and post.

cruisnblue48

Hi Brian. Welcome to RedSquare. I am from south, central Pa. My worker is a 1995 314-8 speed and it is a strong hoss indeed. You are really going to enjoy your 314a.

Jake Kuhn

312Hydro

:text-welcomeconfetti:2 :rs:   :text-welcomewave:

Ed Kennell

Always good to hear from another PeeeAaaaer .   :WRS:

Wheel-N-It

:text-worthless:  :dunno: but you can get any parts needed.

varosd

and of course you need to come to the Big Wheel Horse Show in June!

brian pa

First time posting a pic, so may take a few attempts. Attached is my 314A. If all goes well I will start to take apart to take down to metal to primer and paint within the next few days. I'm sure I'll have some questions to follow. 

Thanks 

Brian

post-12606-0-09842700-1395196112_thumb.j

• Like 2

312Hydro

Just a suggestion - Take LOTS of pictures as you tear it down, You'll be glad when you start assembling and aren't sure where that 1 part goes. Tractor looks good BTW. :handgestures-thumbupright: :handgestures-thumbupright:

jackhammer

:GoodMorning2: and welcome to RS   - -  from Illinois.. That's a good looking tractor(worker) you got there.. she's just getting broken in.

Stick around this site and you'll get all kinds of tips and ideas.

groundhog47

First time posting a pic, so may take a few attempts. Attached is my 314A. If all goes well I will start to take apart to take down to metal to primer and paint within the next few days. I'm sure I'll have some questions to follow. 

Thanks 

Brian

Nice stallion, parts are few to many, with lots or sources. Vendors, main page bottom and suppliers prob every state and online, lotta good stuff in your region.   :text-welcomewave: to :rs: 

hm12460

Lots of potential there. IIRC, the 314A had the Eaton 700 transaxle? Where as the 314H had the Eaton 1100?

Edited by hm12460

Aussie

welcome Brian - that looks like a great start

Wheel-N-It

Thats gonna make you a fine tractor! Be sure to take pics as it comes apart. Dont worry if you dont have a huge tool box full of tools. If you have 7/16, 1/2, and 9/16 sockets and wrenches, ratchet with a short and long extension, a couple of phillips head screwdrivers, and pair of pliers, you have 90% of the tools needed to take a Wheel Horse completely apart. You did good on your first attempt of posting a pic!