wessex horse

raider 10, lost drive in all ratios

wessex horse

hello all, first post so may need some slack please.

my raider 10 has been working well,clutch pedal travel a little long for my short legs but no problem.

Just now I lost all gears in hi and low ratios, no nasty noises but I can now lift the gear lever right out of its socket.

I am sooooo hoping there is an easy fix here.

all input gratefully recieved

thanks,

wessex horse in wiltshire england

stevasaurus

Welcome to Red Square :)  There is a dog point set screw that screws into the trans case where the ball of the shifter sits.  I fits snug in the little hole of the shifter ball which acts as the fulcrum.  A lock nut on the set screw locks the set screw in place.  Check this first, We just did a couple threads here in the transmission section.  I'll try to find you a link.  :)  Here is a link...

Edited by stevasaurus

wessex horse

thanks.

I'll check that first thing tomorrow, just hoping it will not involve a full strip just yet.

I have been after a decent older wheel horse for years, really loving this one which has been working like  a cart horse hauling timber out my wood,

stevasaurus

If the set screw is good, firmly snug the point of the set screw into the small hole on the ball of the shifter and then back out 1/4 turn...tighten lock nut.  :)  I am assuming that you are in neutral...if not...move the shift forks until you are looking at a square formed when you look down the hole the shifter goes in.  You can use a long screw driver to move the forks if you need to.  :)

• Like 1

meadowfield

Welcome to the group, as Steve says it could be a simple as the set screw.

Come and say hello in the euro section! :D

daveoman1966

Here is a pic of the DOG-POINT screw and lock-nut.

• Like 1

SousaKerry

If your still having problems getting the tractor to move after fixing the shifter you may want to check the keys in your axles.  It is a common problem for the keys to come loose and shear off so that the axle just spins in the hub.

wessex horse

many thanks for all this input, I checked the dog point screw, and sure enough it had fallen out; as I put it back in and it fell into two parts, sheared clean through, and had been for some time it would seem.

no chance of getting one soon this side of the pond so for tomorrow I set up a cap head screw in the lathe and will turn the end to suit. Cap head screws are quite hard so it should be up to the job.

help is appreciated thanks again

• Like 1

can whlvr

heres a pic of what you are doing,i had to increase the screw size because of stripping,but a homemade screw will work

005-1.jpg

Edited by can whlvr
  • Like 1

meadowfield

We have made our own before, so good luck!

Edited by meadowfield