oldlineman

fuel pump rebuild kit

oldlineman

Hi all just wondering if there is a rebuild kit for this fuel pump # 4755911s and where it can be found. It is on a k241as spec# 46766d. Thank you all    Bob

Edited by oldlineman

rmaynard

If you are referring to the old cast aluminum fuel pumps, there is a company that makes a kit. However, there are some metal fuel pumps that just can't be rebuilt. Before ordering a kit, take yours apart and be sure that you can remove the little one-way valves, and that the area where they sit is not so corroded that a new kit will not seal.

The company is Maritime, http://www.maritimedragracing.com/antique_auto_parts_cellar.htm

• Like 1

oldlineman

Thanks kato and rmaynard I was thinking about rebuilding it but I just came in from having the carb off and putting the throttle shaft bearing in. It cranked for about 15 seconds and fired right up. Thought that it should be going bad since it is a 1979 k241 but maybe not.When it sits all summer (it is my snow plow tk) it will take a little while to pick up fuel. I guess if it aint broke don't fix it.  Thank you again   Bob

rmaynard

If you have the funds to do so, it is not a bad idea to keep a fuel pump on hand. My tractors only uses one of two different pumps, and I rebuilt a couple old used ones and have a spare on hand for each.

oldlineman

Thanks rmaynard that is a good idea. This tractor 1979 c-101 8 has been one of my greatest joys to own. Bought it knew seems like a lifetime ago I guess it has been though, never a problem. The throttle shaft has been loose for some time and I finally today installed the brass bushing, was very easy, what a difference, in starting. This 34 year old machine has just today got a new life. I could not believe that the original fuel pump could be still working, but I guess I was wrong. What a great machine, to bad they stopped making them like that. Have a great weekend  Bob