bill moore

'64 1045

bill moore

...Would it be wrong to fabricate steering system using heim-joints and stainless steel rods? 

swarfeater

nope.

SALTYWRIGHT

I DID IT ON MY GT-14

• Like 1

Hammerhead

Hello Bill, I think it is ok to switch those parts around on your 1045. One comment though, if you have a 1045, then it was built for the 1965 Model year. If you have a 1054, then that was a 1964. During those years, the year built was the last number in the Model Number. You probably already knew that though, just checking for you. Here's a pic of my old beater 1965 Model 1045 I recently bought at auction. One of my favorite WH's!  Thanks...KJ

121_zps64198b68.jpg 

• Like 1

bill moore

...mine is a '64 as per the pix in gallery...1045. I have pretty much finished with restore and am currently trying (in vane) to post new pix in gallery. Also trying to find a couple original parts too...I scaled the tie-rods down to 3/8" with appropriate bushings etc....looks nice.

bill moore

...well...I have gotten some of my pics in here...the newer ones that is...I swear posting or downloading or whatever you call it...harder than cleaning a block or gearbox for clearcoat...