Lane Ranger

More lift for your snowthrower !

Lane Ranger

I have been using my Lawn Ranger's  STR-324 snowthrower all winter.    I felt like the snowthrower did not have as much lift to it as was needed to easily move around to the next area to tackle.   I was working in the street in front of the house and realized the snowthrower was too close to the ground -even when lifted all the way up. 

So I got out the manual  for the STR-324  snowthrower  ( Also Model  6-3211 in the implement manuals)  and found that the original drawing listed a set or shaft collar of 3/4 inches to be placed on the Lift Flag for added left capability.   I was surprised to see after putting the collar on the flag and lift rod that the snowthrower lifted almost 6 inches off the ground in the front of the tractor!    This was about three times what it had been.   The collar did not need to be set with the set screw and is probably less than a half inch wide but the use of the collar definitely raises the snowthrower more than not using one.

I am not sure if this shaft collar is noted in other snowthrower/snowblower manuals made by Wheel Horse but I will make sure to use it from now on.    I took sever pictures  (no before shot without the collar but the snowthrower was about two off the ground)  which help tell the full story.   The Wheel Horse engineers really new what they were doing 50 years ago to be able to create this type of lift off of a less than 1/2 inch shaft collar!

post-339-0-67892700-1392297556_thumb.jpg

post-339-0-19907500-1392297569_thumb.jpg

post-339-0-45479500-1392297610_thumb.jpg

post-339-0-34352200-1392297633_thumb.jpg

In this photo you can just see the shiny new collar above the black snowthrower  chute handle :

post-339-0-47250500-1392297706_thumb.jpg

post-339-0-78356300-1392297744_thumb.jpg

I recommend using one of these on your lift flag to help with your snowthrower if you have not already placed one on your tractor.

• Like 2

AMC RULES

Good tip Lane... :handgestures-thumbsup:

definitely makes all the difference.

• Like 1

chazm

Thanks for the tip :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

illinilefttackle

I encountered the same problem on my blower on the C-125A. I put washers around the flag arm until I got the height I wanted- right now 6 of them- I can take out or add washers as I need- Thanks-Al

• Like 3

shorts

Dad always said when all else fails, read the directions

• Like 5

DOC in Kentucky

When I first read the title.....I was hoping for a pill to put in the gas tank!!! :ychain::roll:

• Like 3

Lane Ranger

Doc  you spent too much time with those medical folks!

wallfish

When I first read the title.....I was hoping for a pill to put in the gas tank!!! :ychain::roll:

:laughing-rolling:

• Like 1