zanepetty

tractors or lawn mowers?

shorts

baby tractors, when compared to the big boys

Road-Track

On the farm up here. There are many tractors. Each has it own forte. Wheel Horse tractors are Lawn tractors for mainly mowing or Garden tractors for mowing and more with ground engaging attachments. We even mow fields with bigger tractors.

We usually call push mowers, lawn mowers. Of course some people call big rigs, tractor trailers?

:ychain: Who cares WH's are tractors any way you look at it.

C-85

Here's how we used to rate tractors when I was in the business (years ago 60's - 80's)

Riding mower - rear engine rider

Lawn tractor - front engine tractor that could only mow or take a small snow blade

Garden  tractor - A tractor that could take most anything, including a roto tiller.  Being able to take a roto tiller usually made the difference in what we called them

Farm tractor - Farmalls and such

But then manufactures started making snow blowers and other things for the smaller tractors, so this got confusing. 

Ariens came out with their YT or "Yard Tractor" (a glorified lawn tractor) too, so this threw another name in the mix.

And then came all of the 4 wheel drive tractors.  We sold Yanmar and Bolens (Iseki) and they came from 13hp up and we were never sure what to call them. :eusa-think:

steve k

Maybe they're neither tractor or lawn mower.........They're just Wheel Horses!!   As in "what do you mow with?"   "MY wheelhorse"

or "what do you move snow with?"    "one of my wheelhorses"    :hide:

• Like 1