dewdew

Help with pricing my wh

dewdew

This is what I posted do you guys think that I am way off or am I in the ball park? I have never seen one like this for sale so I'm just guessing for the most.

83 c 165 auto with 42" tall Shute blower and 42" rd deck motor is strong no smoke turf tires with chains and rear weights. Small hydro leak but I think it's just a hose cause there is no oil around the pump. In the summer I add about 6oz of oil every 3 or four weeks mowing 2times per week. For questions and pics. You can pm me for my email address. Thanks for looking. ( $900 o.b.o. Let me know what you think is fair.)

Don't worrie about my feelings honesty is the best policy.

Edited by dewdew

WH nut

Sounds kind of high to me.

AMC RULES

Have any picts showing condition, to share here? 

Sparky

Package deals dont bring as much money as selling off the items separately, I think if sold separately that's what you should end up with in your wallet.

Heres my take without having any pics to go by. I think a hydro tractor with hydraulic lift and the coveted 16 Kohler single brings decent money.

<< the blower >> $300

<< the deck >>>  $200

<< C-165 >>>>> $400

Bear in mind I have no idea of the condition of any of this so these are just my guesstimates.

As a package.....maybe $650-$700.

Mike.........

dewdew

That is helpfull spark thanks.

I will try to get some pics up. But I haven't figured out how to do it yet. But ill make that my mission tonight.

Jake Kuhn

Saw your tractor on craiglist this morning...can't help you with a value, but I will add a picture for you. Looks like a nice tractor, and if I had the money I would probably be interested!

post-4240-0-78408300-1391475815.jpg

• Like 1

papaglide

If it were in New York and I had the money.......yeah buddy!!!!

• Like 1

dewdew

Hey thanks guys. I got a couple pics up in the photobuket link but seams like there is a better way

Sparky

The tractor and blower look good. I see the deck is somewhat dis-mantled? Issues?

Mike..........

• Like 1

dewdew

Yes the mounting bracket had a few bent and worn parts. It looked like the p.o. Was a bit of a shade tree welder so he had parts and pieces that looked pretty rough. I am a welder by trade so I thought I would clean it all up and give it a paint job.

bmsgaffer

Listing a tractor on a forum you confide in is kinda a double edged sword. You get it to people that will love it, but they can also see all the posts of things that were wrong with it in the past. :)

I would love it but I would have to make room and its a long way away. And I am going to rebuild/restore it so I try to get them cheap.

Here a reference on recent purchases to give you an idea:

C-125 8 speed for $275 Came with a 36" rear discharge deck and sleeve hitch. All items in excellent condition, needed only a battery.

C-165 Auto for $600 but it came with a mint 42" side discharge deck, snow plow, front and rear wheel weights and delivery (about 300 miles one way) everything a little rusty but works. Had good battery.

So based on my experiences I would say top dollar is $5-600 for the package (its not perfect but it runs with a few minor issues you have talked about on here and the issues with the deck and such.). Like Sparky said, it is most valuable as individual pieces but takes more effort on your part.

But again depends on the part of the country, Interest of the buyer, time of year, how long you want the sale to take, how much work you want to put into it, etc... So your mileage may vary, just my :twocents-02cents:

Edited by bmsgaffer

dewdew

Bmsgaffer, yes I thought about putting it up for sale on here but I figure that if a potential buyer can read trough past postings then that should give them a better idea what there getting into. Sometimes you get so wrapped up in selling you forget about minor past things that will most likely be brought up by them. Besides if I never sold it it prolly wouldn't be so bad. It was my first horse after all.

Thank you for all your insight fellas, mike

bmsgaffer

Hmm if it was your first horse I would have to lean towards keeping it... Sell the implements if you need to but you may regret selling that first horse. At least if you sell it on here it will be taken care of and will live long and prosper ;)

• Like 1

AMC RULES

If it were in New York and I had the money.......yeah buddy!!!!

:text-+1:  What the papa said.   :twocents-02cents:

• Like 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

I am still not up to price expertise like the other fellas, still learning the ropes. I was allmost going to ck out a C-105 with 8 speed and a 48 inch sd deck. BUTTTTT, I hemed and hawed and thought the $400 was high. I need more experience. I know the jamb your facing trying ti think of a good price. best of luck.

Glenn