roscoemi

How much snow do you have?

roscoemi

It's hard to show any depth in these pic's due to the light, but it's a bit deep.

post-6649-0-41127100-1391139727_thumb.jp

post-6649-0-62800800-1391139773_thumb.jp

post-6649-0-26046800-1391139817_thumb.jp

My mutts are between 12 and 15" tall. The snow is about 4 1/2' in the background.

post-6649-0-32508400-1391139851_thumb.jp

• Like 2

T McCool

Not that much! We had about 6" total as of sunday here in western PA.

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Roscoe. Holy smokes. Now that's snow. We only have about 6 to 7 inches left. And a small warm up coming. Thanks for the pics.

Glenn

KC9KAS

If I look real close, on the North side of the porch (no sunlight there) there is about 1/4" right now.

AMC RULES

Just a dusting hanging on here, only because it's too cold to melt off.

C-101plowerpower

we've got 50 centimeters of snow

97069cbf_DSC02951__50_%5D.JPG

kidding, stil no snow here

Koen

Edited by C-101plowerpower

Kelly

Standing snow, kinda hard to say with the wind we have had, but about 24" snow banks and drifts 2 to 4 feet tall. calling for about 8 to 10 more inch this saturday

SousaKerry

:text-yeahthat: Wife read a long range forecast for the next 2-3 weeks, potential for 3 8-12" storms for a total of 3 more feet by mid February...  Looks like I will be spending the weekend finally mounting the blower to the old C-175 cause the Trailblazer 5 ain't cutting it and it keeps breaking down.  I'd mount up the plow but there is no place to push anything.

stevasaurus

We are around 40+ inches on the west side of Lake Michigan this year...your pictures remind me of the winter of 1978/79.  I do not see any angels in the snow in those pictures...I hope you are enjoying all the snow you have there in Kingsley.  :happy-jumpeveryone: :happy-jumpeveryone:

Edited by stevasaurus

can whlvr

we have a lot like the first post,add some wind and its been a nightmare,my county(dufferin)is under a state of emergency,and im in Ontario where were kinda used to 3 or 4 feet of snow

• Like 1

roscoemi

Yeah Dino, I like the snow after being stationed for 3 1/2 years in Louisana and that bloody heat and humidity. :banghead:  We have had two melt offs this season and still have this, I would have a  phd (piled hi-er and deeper) if that never happened. My boy P'Chop is loving plowing on his Ranger even if the Techy is past it's useful life span, he prays for it to start every day while awaiting spring rebuild on it. As the banks are taller than he is, all he can do is stage piles for me to get rid of with the blower. As SousaKerry says we usually get pounded in Feb so this may get a little interesting, but the lake levels should be up this summer! :ychain:

• Like 1

roscoemi

Here's a couple pic's to try to show the depth a little better.

post-6649-0-24589700-1391376765_thumb.jp

post-6649-0-66965500-1391376794_thumb.jp

• Like 4

Ed Kennell

7" and still snowing. :greetings-clappingyellow:

Desko

7" and still snowing. :greetings-clappingyellow:

same here:)

can whlvr

man I sure hope this one stays south,weve got WAY to much

stevasaurus

We are pushing 5' now this winter...more snow Saturday and nowhere to push it.  The last 2 times, I have plowed the snow to one side and then got out the snow blower to blow it over the existing snow.  UNCLE... :bow-blue: ...we need a thaw!!!  :)  Here are some pictures...

The picnic table seats are like 17" off the ground...

2013_02082014snow0001_zps9008a4da.jpg

check the mound across the street...probably 7'

2013_02082014snow0002_zps0f28d8ce.jpg

4' plowed and blown...plowed bank is about even with the top of the bed of that pick up...

2013_02082014snow0005_zps069c5552.jpg

End of the drive way is a good 4' and no room left...

2013_02082014snow0004_zps698293d6.jpg

The stars this year...the techy has been great...

2013_02082014snow0003_zps4ac4d82f.jpg

2013_02082014snow0006_zpsed9a2679.jpg

Edited by stevasaurus
  • Like 1

squonk

I'm thinking you took those pics at the Nasa Fake Moon Landing site!  :)  :happy-jumpeveryone:  :ychain:  I'll have some up after I'm done playin!  :)

• Like 1

stevasaurus

I'll have new batteries for this weekends snow...video for sure.  :)  Luckily, I still have some friends at NASA from my Navy days. :ychain:  As long as the snow is dry, I can get through it.  We are getting anywhere from 2 to 6" about every 3rd day this season...and no thaw.  :bow-blue:  That little techy Ariens is from like 1978...3.5 hsp and still runs great...starts on the 2nd pull....I do have to dangle a slice of cheese in front of it...Wisconsin.  :)

Edited by stevasaurus

Wishin4a416

Nice pictures fellows. We have not near that much. Lot of snows, just not much accumulation.

Hey Steve, that neighborhood looks like where that Movie, The Christmas Story was filmed. :)

• Like 1

roscoemi

Dino, you don't have any snow! Our entire yards are as deep as your bank! :ychain:  I was out to the west in Honor this afternoon and the banks along the road were within a foot of covering the road signs. I was in East Tawas yesterday and took a pic of a doe in an opening in the trees, buried up to her neck munching on small trees. If you look close she is in the center of the pic.

post-6649-0-60198500-1391640777_thumb.jp

The loader came thru the neighborhood today.

post-6649-0-38530100-1391640877_thumb.jp

Bet your Tecky would not throw over those piles! :ychain:

• Like 2

stevasaurus

Roscoe...I know the deer are small up there from eating pine needles.  :ychain:   Uncle...you have more snow then me.  Nice pictures mate.  :)  What a winter...may put some water back in Lake Michigan...hope.

I thought Kingsley sounded familiar...that is the back way I take to Ranch Rodolph. (sp)  Tubing on the Boardman River.  Used to get our wine cherries from McManis Orchards before they went private.  We should never have as much snow as you get.  I hear they got rid of the dam at the small lake that was there near the bait shop on the way to Traverse City.  That was a nice lake.

Jack...a lot of Chicago Land looks like Cleveland... :)  Need one of those lamps for the front window.

Edited by stevasaurus
  • Like 1

stratostar250
Nothing to brag about, not as much as some of you guys, but we did get a heavy 10-12 inches last night, on top of 5-6 from a couple days ago.  
sadly, last nights was wet snow and pretty tough to push with the :wh:  310. had to clear the sidewalks with the snowblower, I'll have to keep an eye out for a blower for my horse! :handgestures-thumbupright:

and to think over the weekend all the snow pretty much melted away, and in 4 days this much can come back, I don't really mind snow though, so  :happy-partydance:

Edited by stratostar250
  • Like 1

Sparky

I don't really mind snow though, so  :happy-partydance:

Then your probably not dreading this Sunday are ya?? More snow-a-comin!!

Mike...........

• Like 1

stevasaurus

At least all the snows have been dry snows this year...so far!!!  :)

stratostar250

Then your probably not dreading this Sunday are ya?? More snow-a-comin!!

Mike...........

as long as its not as heavy as this was! hahah, I'll be fine then  :laughing-rofl:

but if its more wet stuff, It's not as fun!