epro

Diode Assembly Pictures of what I'm talking about

epro

trying to send a picture of the diode.

IF the attachment doesn't open for you then I will try something else to download the picture of the assembly diode.

toro electrical for red horse Toro91-presLT _LT09 Electrical System 210-5 210-H.pdf

Hi everyone again, Hoping this new year has brought goodness to all so far. 

I have another problem that I need help with. I need to know where to order the Diode Assembly P/N 78-1630 for a wheel horse 210-5 model: 32-10502 / year built: 1991 10 Hp B/S engine.The DIODE got snapped in half and I need a new one.

when ever I go to the internet and put this information in it says that this diode is no longer made. or Can some one tell me the complete number of the diode so that I can just order the diode. The diode reads B-407 on it, but that isn't enough information to find it. Thanking you in advance.

toro electrical for red horse Toro91-presLT _LT09 Electrical System 210-5 210-H.pdf

Edited by epro

chazm

Did you try Radio Shack ??    :scratchead:

wheeledhorseman

I think the model number for your tractor is actually 32-10B502 probably a typo in your post.

The electrical diag on the toro site shows the diode assembly as a part that connects into the wiring loom (part 16 in the diagram - click to enlarge).

post-4509-0-41753800-1391124949_thumb.gi

Is this the same as your arrangement?

If so then I take it from your post that there is just one diode inside the casing?

Some photos would help here as if it is just a diode in there then finding a suitable substitute won't be too difficult. If there is more than just a diode then it could be a regulator in which case a B&S part may be needed.

Sorry to seem a bit vague - photos of what your dealing with would help.

Andy

wheeledhorseman

Last night the attachment in your post wouldn't open for me - this morning it does (strange things computers)

That looks like a standard diode of the type added to prevent overcharging - try using a 3 amp 200 volt rated diode from Radio Shack or similar store / supplier.

Hope this helps

Andy

ps

I'd still like to see a photo of the old diode, the reason being that plastic encapsulated diodes are pretty robust physically and don't normally break in half. The only times I've seen this is where they've been subjected to a very large current and have litterally blown apart.

Edited by wheeledhorseman