bmsgaffer

Open Ended Thread...

bmsgaffer

I am BIG on trying to solve any problem I have by searching first, posting questions second. :text-google:

As on many other forums, we have a HUGE QUANTITY of threads that will deal with the exact same problem(s) I have. There are always plenty of suggestions for solutions, but many times the OP never comes back to respond with the solution. :banghead:

PLEASE GIVE US THE OUTCOME.... PLEAAAAASE. :angry-screaming:

I suggest that we should have a way to mark the threads as [PROBLEMS] then after so long the system will come back and ask the OP if the problem was [sOLVED] and if so, post about it.

Anyway... :eusa-whistle:

• Like 4

smoreau

I know what you mean :banghead:   Post this in site suggestions

• Like 1

rmaynard

One of my pet peeves is when a question is asked and answered, and the OP never responds again.

Another is when the same poster keeps opening a new thread on the same subject.

Glad you brought up the subject. :text-thankyouyellow:

Edited by rmaynard
  • Like 1

Don1977

Another is when some one ask a question about their Wheel Horse and don't say what model they have.

slammer302

I'm probably guilty of doing all those things when I first started using this forum I didn't know any better I do agree with you guys I always appreciate the advice I get from everyone even if its a question that's been asked hundreds of times

SousaKerry

Heck I do technical support for specific machines manufactured by our company and only used in our own production facilities and I can't even get feedback from them after I give the plant a solution and we all work for the same company.  Getting feedback on a post in a forum can be next to impossible, especially when the poster creates an account just to ask the question and never returns when they don't get an answer in 5 minutes.

• Like 1

flyovrcntry

So this looks like another open ended thread. :ychain:

Sorry It's too cold to go out and I have way too much time on my hands. :banana-tux:

• Like 3

bmsgaffer

So this looks like another open ended thread. :ychain:

Sorry It's too cold to go out and I have way too much time on my hands. :banana-tux:

:laughing-rofl: 

I have made the suggestion, now its no longer open ended!

Oh and PLEASE MAKE DESCRIPTIVE TOPIC TITLES... and AT LEAST READ THE PAGE YOU ARE ON TO SEE IF THE SAME THING WAS ASKED JUST TWO DAYS AGO! [/rant] :hide: