stratostar250

new member, from ct

stratostar250

Hey guys! 211-5 and 310-8 owner here, Ive lurked around for quite a bit, so i decided a few weeks ago to join!  I am so glad to be part of such a friendly and helpful community! 

I'm 22 now, I remember being a fan of wheel horses since i was young, couldnt remember why, until when my aunt moved to cali, she gave my family a the 211-5 that they used at their house, which i had forgot they had.  It just kinda sat in our garage (because my dad had an mtd knock off that he used) until i got a little older and decided to start tinker with it, i got it running, and started to drive it around and fell in love with it, used it and mowed with it until the pto clutch died on it, still rode it around every now and then though.  Recently, i bought an 86 310-8 that i got quite cheap with a deck and a 48" blade cuz i wanted something bigger and i wanted to learn and tinker and play around with.

I stumbled upon this forum because on the 310, a couple weeks after owning it, the collar around the gear shifter had fallen into the transmission because the pin had broken, so i was trying to find out how to get it out.  I found many great write ups and videos here, and i'd love to thank all the info ive found to help me take the tractor apart, split the transmission, and put it back together.

Hopefully ill be able to help someone else at some time, but i have to learn more first, don't want to give anybody the wrong info XD

I attached a pic of my tractors that i edited on my phone with some silly filters. 

Just wanna say thanks, and glad to be here! :)

post-12245-0-55638500-1389753169_thumb.j

Edited by stratostar250
  • Like 4

rmaynard

:WRS:  Glad to have you aboard. Looks like you have a good start on your Wheel Horse collection.

AMC RULES

Very nice introduction. 

:WRS:

Sparky

And the Connecticut membership grows!!!!

Mike...........

Jake Kuhn

stevebo

Tom-

Many of us from CT here. What town you from?

VinsRJ

Welcome from another CT guy!

Coadster32

Welcome to :rs:

Yet another Connecticut guy. :handgestures-thumbupright:

stratostar250

Thanks all, and yeah, I was suprised at the number of ct members here too forgot to mention that, :grin: . I'm from seymour, for those who asked lol

:text-thankyouyellow:

redidbull

Welcome! I am just down Route 8 in Stratford. Jim

rexman72

welcome to the site

neil

Welcome to Redsquare from :flags-wavegreatbritain: the Euro section

great to see another younger member join in the fun

Hope to see you around here regularly  & maybe become a supporter

Great looking tractors

Neil

Anglo Traction

A belated Welcome Tom. Great story about your WHs . Impressed with your initiative to search for answers, dismantle and fix the problem(s) yourself.

Glad to see you on here.

Regards.  

chazm

:text-welcomeconfetti: TO  :rs:

papaglide

Welcome to the Square!

Rick_in_CT

Welcome to another CT member.  I worked up on Cogwheel Lane in Seymour for five years, then the operation moved to Shelton, then the operation moved to New Jersey  :sad:

You have a real nice collection going there.  Too bad you had to wait until 22 years old to get started, what took you so long????

Some of us became addicts before we hit double digits.  Once you catch it, you can't shake it, and you shouldn't even try. 

Hope you enjoy the forum as much as I do.

Rick

stratostar250

Welcome to another CT member.  I worked up on Cogwheel Lane in Seymour for five years, then the operation moved to Shelton, then the operation moved to New Jersey  :sad:

You have a real nice collection going there.  Too bad you had to wait until 22 years old to get started, what took you so long????

Some of us became addicts before we hit double digits.  Once you catch it, you can't shake it, and you shouldn't even try. 

Hope you enjoy the forum as much as I do.

Rick

Ahh, sorry to hear about your job, but thanks, I know, I'm not sure why i waited so long either, I was always kind of an addict, from the time we got that 211-5, and my aunt and uncle out in PA had something in their garage, but i was too young to remember what it was now, maybe I'll ask them if I get a chance, all i know is, it was a horse :wh:

I don't plan to try to shake it, and I'm sure Ill enjoy it, haha. and as for the forum, I do enjoy it, there is so much info here, and everyone seems so friendly.  It's great!  I just keep finding myself scanning and scanning through so much stuff.

Oh, and i just thought I should mention, for everyone, i just got my 310-8 fully back together yesterday.  Transmission mounted, all the seat pans and stuff, and i put the plow back on.  I cannot wait for snow! :greetings-clappingyellow:   Can't wait to do some "horsin' around"  :laughing-rolling:  :wh: 

Thanks everyone for the kind welcomes!  :text-thankyoublue:

JC 1965

Looks like you have a pretty  nice herd there.  Thanks for sharing the pics and   :WRS:

Amanda

Welcome to RS

can whlvr