47JDG

My new SK-486

47JDG

I picked this up a couple of weeks before Christmas but have not had a chance to post it until now. (Christmas came early for me) It's a 1982 SK-486 in excellent shape. 8 speed, 16 horse Kohler. There is even still some original paint here and there on the under side of the mowing deck. Since this picture was taken I have replaced the missing roller on the deck and put a new correct shifter knob on the transmission shifter (also removed the silly boat sticker). It lived in northern michigan at a cottage its entire life and seen very little use. I am extremely happy with it! It's a true gem. I am really looking forward to cutting grass with it for many years to come.

post-8921-0-63419300-1389659638.jpg

• Like 8

Fun Engineer

Nice score.

Jake Kuhn

Very nice score Dan! That one was very tempting for me! LOL

47JDG

I thought about you when I was going to look at this one Jake. lol It had been listed for several days by the time I found it. I was really surprised it was still there.

rmaynard

Very nice indeed. That is one good looking horse.

chazm

SWEET LOOKING  :wh:  !!!!!   :handgestures-thumbupright:

BOWTIE

Nice score indeed. I bought mine new and still have it. I see itstill has the cheap plastic hub deck wheels. My favorite Wheel Horse to use.

47JDG

I seen pictures and read about yours BOWTIE when I was researching this model. You have taken excellent care of that horse! Very nice!

papaglide

Really nice looking tractor. Well done!

can whlvr

very nice,does it have 22 inch tires?looks like the same that came on my 308

dennist

Nice find. Looks to be in great cond!

47JDG

Yes, it does have 22 inch rear tires. Thanks for all the nice comments!

Edited by 47JDG

AMC RULES

Good for you everyone else was snoozin'...

nice  :wh: score there.   :handgestures-thumbsup: 

Wheel-N-It

Thats reallyreally nice! Curious though as to what defines it as a SK? It looks every bit to be a C series to me. Does it have the 1inch rear axles or 1&1/8inch?

Pardon my lack of knowledge here. I know about Blackhoods and 300 400 and 500 series but not as up to speed on the C's or in this case the SK's as I would like to be.

• Like 1

bowtiebutler956

What a fantastic find! Thats not a model you see very often, and that one is in fantastic condition.  :jaw:   Score! :thumbs:

Matt :flags-texas:

buckrancher

SK's and SB's are tractors built from too many left over parts from the c series

not sure what the S stands for but the K means kohler and the B means briggs

Brian

• Like 2

3Six

Super!

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Very very nice. Thanks for posting.

Glenn

neil

SK's and SB's are tractors built from too many left over parts from the c series

not sure what the S stands for but the K means kohler and the B means briggs

Brian

It never ceases to amaze me of the knowledge that people have here , i learned something today

Thank you

47JDG

Yes, it has the 1 inch rear axles. "SK" stands for Special Kohler. I believe the "4" designates the model number of that particular transmission, I am assuming 4 pinion. The "8" stands for eight speed, and the "6" stands for sixteen as in horse power. I might be wrong, but that's what I came up with from a little research and put together. They also made a "SB" that was essentially just a C series made over from left over parts but it had a Briggs engine, and I believe was a 12 horse with a different model number configuration designating it so. From what I have read, this particular model was a one year run only in 1982. Thanks for the comments guys!

Edited by 47JDG
  • Like 1

leeave96

Nice tractor!

Callen

I believe the 48 is the standard deck width, 6 for 16 hp. The SB421- 42" deck and 11hp. Very nice tractor.

• Like 1

Irv

Real nice original condition tractor! Congrats!

47JDG

I believe the 48 is the standard deck width, 6 for 16 hp. The SB421- 42" deck and 11hp. Very nice tractor.

That makes good sense. Thanks

• Like 1

BOWTIE

I BELIEVE ALL SK486 HAD 42" DECKS WITH THE RED PLASTIC HUB DECK WHEELS. I KNOW OF THREE WITH THE ORIGINAL DECKS AND WITH THE PLASTIC WHEELS, THE NICE THING IS THE TANK IS UNDER THE SEAT WITH THE EARLY B/C MODEL HOODS AND THE BATTERY IS LIKE THE 300-400-500 MODELS LOCATION. THE ENGINE ONLY ONLY HOLDS 1 1/2 QUARTS OF OIL. MINE COST 2100.00 NEW OUT THE DOOR