squonk

Marvin's dilema

squonk

The taped wires were inside of the main harness that had tape around it.plus it was hidden under the battery tray .

Bear Meat!!

squonk

"Gibronie"!!! Magnificent!!! Now I have a new word to add to my vocabulary :handgestures-thumbupright: Another one of the benefits of being a :rs:Supporter ;)

:text-thankyouyellow: Mike!

Also, glad Marvin is healed .

had an old customer years ago who whenever he thought someone did something stupid, he'd call them a Gibronie. He tried calling me that once and I responded by calling him a "Fatchdighan." (Dog Face) I have no idea what Gibronie means Edited by squonk
  • Like 1

doc724

"Gibronie", I have not heard that one since I a kid (like 55 years ago).  I am Italian and my father used that word a lot.  I enjoyed reading Mike's diagnostic journey to get to root cause.  Good job Mike!

• Like 1

boovuc

Jabronie or Gibronie is Italian slang for a "Loser".

Thanks for watching this addition of "Early 20th Century Italian Slang".

"Early 20th Century Italian Slang" is made possible by a grant from the Sicilian Brownies, (formerly la Costa Nostra), and Whatsamatta U and by viewers like you. Thank you for your support!

• Like 5

varosd

OK Mike  so the PO was probably thinking to himself  " let's put an in line fuse and tape it all up and hide it for Mike to have to pull his hair out trying to figure it out"   :D

• Like 2

squonk

It wouldn't be the first time I had to fix a whacky electrical problem. The best ever was an 81 Buick Somerset. Fuel pump fuse kept blowing and it did it when ever it felt like it. Replaced the pump and it didn't fix it. Traced the wire back all the way from the pump to the battery. No short to ground no wires chafed nothing. Hit a bump with the car and BOOM, get towed back in. Finally all that was left was a big bulkhead rubber block on the fire wall. It wasn't even a connector but a big rubber block on the fire wall that the wires passed thru. I cut that block open and found that fuel pump power wire with the insulation cut and a ground wire right next to it with the same thing. Hit a bump and they found each other.