boovuc

Pa Deer Hunting!

boovuc

Well............................like most years, I went and I got back!

Saw some does. (Won't shoot a doe). No bucks! Beautiful settings with the snow on the ground looking across the ridges. (Until it warmed up today and all the beauty was falling on my poor wet orange body).

This is why my camp is known as a "fishing camp".

• Like 1

roscoemi

Dude, I feel your pain! I have heard and smelled deer close by, but could not see them thru the overgrown Christmas trees. Had one grunt a few feet away on sat morning. Upon leaving my ground blind, I found trails everywhere near me from the night before and in the morning. Looks like I need to move my blind 30 yards west of where it is to get my scent out of the area.

AMC RULES

From the seat of my excavator, I got to watch two massive 8-10 pts evade every hunter on West Point by staying in close proximity to my running machine all morning long. Incredible creatures they were...looked virtually identical, like they were twins or something.   :scared-eek: 

boovuc

Maybe I should run a tractor through the woods.

That would make DCNR happy!  :)

roscoemi

Deer can care less about tractors and snowmobiles, they are safe. I know a couple people who know this and use it.

flyovrcntry

My grandson  got his first buck when he was 8yo, he is now 15.He has got at least one a year since then They live about two hrs from me in S. Missouri. Before his dad took him hunting that kid would sit in the house and do what most kids do all day. I would try to get him outside with me ,just go to the hdw store or something he would just not want to go out. Well that's all different now,he loves hunting, any hunting,deere squirrel,turkey,coon,even frog gigging. He can dress a deere or turkey,just amazing.

I got him into fishing with me.When he was about ten I took him out for some white bass with a guide.After we caught about a hundred the guide started filleting them with a elect knife.My grandson grabbed a filleting knife to help,the guide said whoa,thats a really sharp knife.I told the guide,let him do it,he has handled a knife more than I have.

What I am saying is, take your kids hunting,fishing any outdoor activity you do, it will stay with them for life.

And by the way he hasn't got a deere this year,I know because he always texts me with a photo.

• Like 1

Bluffhunter

Plenty of hunting and fishing around me in Southern Missouri !  Stomped around a lot of these Ozarks hills hunting, and wet a line in the creeks, rivers, and lakes, in my lifetime  :)  Glad your grandson has fun here !

Ed Kennell

Monday morning on my Sisters farm in SW Pa.

In the blind by 6AM

At 10AM this fat little 8 pt filled mytag

• Like 1

AMC RULES

Cool blind pict.