Mike333

New Horse for the stable!!!

Mike333

Well I tried and I tried,but I can't fight it anymore, I'm going to pick up another Horse today!!!! I was told when I bought my first one that you can't own just one,boy were they right! So I'm heading out after work to pick up 1969 Raider 10. So I guess my question is, is there any Raider "issues" i.e electrical issues, engine issues ext..... I am still a noob so I'm just looking for a little info on this series. Have a great day yall!!

• Like 1

Irv

The only thing I have run across to watch for is be careful not to mess up with the electricals, ie: crossing wires or hooking up the battery wrong because it has the "breakerless" ignition and parts (coil and trigger switch) are hard to find and exspensive. Good luck with it!

• Like 1

Mike333

Hey thanks for the tips Irv!

Edited by Mike333

Mike333

Electrical is my worst area, is there anyway to update the electrical system on the Raiders with newer parts, I think this one is going to be a worker so I would like it to be reliable.

WH nut

You can switch it over to battery ignition with a set of points and plunger and a coil.

• Like 1

Mike333

Well I got her home :greetings-clappingyellow:  Not in bad shape, odd ball engine though, I guess the original engine threw a rod and the guy put a 14hp Craftsman cast iron engine on it  :eusa-think:  

So I guess it's going to be my frankenstein!!!  All the sheet metal is in good shape,needs painted, but other than that I got a pretty good deal for  $125, mower deck is good, and it also came with a 10hp Techy with a bad rod,he threw in another good rod. So looks like I have my work cut out for myself :tools-wrench:  :tools-wrench:  :tools-wrench:  :tools-wrench:  Just wondering what engine came in these from the factory? 

octfst

Just wondering what engine came in these from the factory?