ibskot

To stack or not to stack.... what say ye?

ibskot

I have a 416 and a 312... what are the reasons why you did if you did vs the reasons you don't if you don't. They look pretty cool but I am not sure the real reasons.

Wheel-N-It

I may do a stack one day Scott. Thinking of maybe putting one on the C165 I am slowly working on. It will have to be a shorty though as the K341 is rubber mounted, and they do some shaking. It will have a flapper on it. I do love me some flappers!

squonk

I like the flappers too but one consideration you need to think about is will you be mowing around trees.

• Like 1

ibskot

I like the flappers too but one consideration you need to think about is will you be mowing around trees.

I don't really plan on doing much mowing, but I hadn't thought about weaving in and of of trees when pulling the woods trailer. Good thought.

CasualObserver

I don't.  Did... but it tends to blow more exhaust in the face.

SousaKerry

what are the reasons why you did if you did vs the reasons you don't if you don't.

Cause it's cool, and it scares the heck out of the neighbors mwahahahahaha. (maniacal laughter)

I love to fire up the 10HP puller with a stack and flapper and tear off down the road popping wheelies(yup got a wheelie bar)  just to see the looks I get in the trailer park....

Then I'll hook up the truck to it and drag it down the road with the brakes on just to prove I can.

• Like 1

ibskot

what are the reasons why you did if you did vs the reasons you don't if you don't.

Cause it's cool, and it scares the heck out of the neighbors mwahahahahaha. (maniacal laughter)

I love to fire up the 10HP puller with a stack and flapper and tear off down the road popping wheelies(yup got a wheelie bar)  just to see the looks I get in the trailer park....

Then I'll hook up the truck to it and drag it down the road with the brakes on just to prove I can.

You got video? Love to see that.

• Like 1

rydogg

I only have one stacked my 552 it came to me this way and I like it, this is my plow tractor so I don't have to worry about trees.  Love the sound of the flapper when it's idled down sounds like my ol Farmall.

post-2337-0-74739500-1386010127_thumb.jp

• Like 2

zanepetty

stacks are the only way to go for me. I think they make it look like a big tractor. I don't like straight pipes though.

KC9KAS

My GT-14 had a stack when I got it. I made sure it was well supported and just left it on.

GT141.jpg

• Like 1

Shynon

I have a stack on the 702, like the way it flaps when at idle. Looks like a big tractor.

IMG_5002_zps9a0557ca.jpg

zanepetty

Is that an IH 20 muffler shynon? Looks JUST like mine.

Coadster32

My vote is to stack. Cool factor indeed. Also on a technical note, up for discussion of course, I feel that it may help the single lung Kohlers with the common overheated head gasket problem around the exhaust. If the pipe is longer, it can dissipate more heat away from the head than the short mufflers typically seen on these models. (Just my $.02 though)

DSCF0016-1.jpg

• Like 3

benjiboo

My vote... I say stack it. Why? Looks super cool and the chicks dig it. Lol. Thats was one of the first things I did to my C-160......stack and a flapper.

ibskot

Looks super cool and the chicks dig it. Lol.

I thinks you are correct. My wife, out of the blue, today tells me she wants to go to "that thing in Pa in June Van mentioned". Who knew chicks dig tractors?

• Like 1

benjiboo

I thinks you are correct. My wife, out of the blue, today tells me she wants to go to "that thing in Pa in June Van mentioned". Who knew chicks dig tractors?

In all actuallity my wife thinks I'm a nerd for playing with my wheel horse but like I told her.......'heck babe, you married me so who's the real nerd now?' Bwahh ha ha ha!!

Edited by benjiboo
  • Like 2

Wheel-N-It

Thats the driving force behind 99% of all the decisions I've made in my life. The other 1% were just a waste of time. ;)

• Like 4

AMC RULES

Got this little '59 that came with a stack...

needless to say, it didn't last long.   :scared-eek:

post-3498-0-11040900-1386200535_thumb.jp

Edited by AMC RULES

Road-Track

I'll keep the stacks on the Farmall and too many trees for the little fellas :text-merryxmas:

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

My 2 cents. Another good topic. I like the stack with the rain flapper myself. Looks cooooooool. Thanks for the pictures gents. Real nice machines. Droooling.

My 2 cents. Another good topic. I like the stack with the rain flapper myself. Looks cooooooool. Thanks for the pictures gents. Real nice machines. Droooling.

Ed Kennell

[attachment=25981:IMG_1534 (640x480).jpg

STACKS

• Like 1

bowtiebutler956

Stacks just make make them look like Big Boy Tractors, and they sound great! That's why I put AG tires on the rear, and tri-ribs up front. Here are a few pics of mine, and a video as well. :thumbs:

Matt :flags-texas:

http://youtu.be/S78kXv0Elg0

post-6076-0-80071700-1386300886_thumb.jp

post-6076-0-03169100-1386300927.jpg

post-6076-0-93691700-1386300961_thumb.jp

• Like 2

Coadster32

Ekennell,

That is one really great picture. :handgestures-thumbupright:

HorseFixer

Stack It Up!  :thumbs:

DSCN5980.jpg