ibskot

What kind of trailer and hitch are you using?

ibskot

I put a ball on my hitch and pulled a 4x8 with high sides almost full of wood through the woods in low 3 with my new 312-8 with no problems except traction....

Who uses the ball vs a garden cart type?

Old Ways

I prefer ball, but will use regular hole & pin for light hauling in the garden cart --like grass clippings and such.

Lane Ranger

We have a drawbar hitch on three of our 1054 Wheel Horse tractors.    This hitch attaches to the snowplow hitch which has the same angle iron as the drawbar hitch and attached with carriage or hex bolts.

The drawbar is made to operate with and clear the rear lift slot hitch and the beauty of this is that you can add a ball on the drawbar, a clevis and use the holes to place a pin for a Wheel Horse trailer or other attachment.

Edited by Lane Ranger
  • Like 1

Stigian

I use both..

My 312-8 has a hole and pin hitch.

The 6X6 has a ball hitch..

And the GT 14+2 has both :D

• Like 1

timo4352

I put this thing on mine. It's got a ball, hitch pin, and hooks for a strap or chain.

9504297013_a7e7249bc3_z.jpg

• Like 3

rick

I have one of the heavy duty receiver hitches Scott and Tom make on my 314-8. I have used it to pull my 5x10 Holmes (995 lbs) with my grandsons 185 John Deere lawn tractor on it. Had to feather the clutch taking off to prevent a wheelie, but the pull was easy, on a gravel drive up and down hill. I would like to find a nice 4x6 or 4x8 to use behind the 314-6. it would be nice to haul my "stuff" around the property. I have WH rear weights, chains and the frame mounted WH front weight, plus my 265 lbs. There is no traction problem, yet!

Edited by rick
  • Like 1

jeremi3210

Here are mine both are homemade and can pull whatever i hook up to them.

post-5643-0-43226900-1385922850_thumb.jp

post-5643-0-36435500-1385922981_thumb.jp

• Like 1

jay in nc

i have a nice light weight 5 x 8 tilt bed trailer with a boat winch. its light enough to tow with any of the horses & big enough to haul them on. i have hauled most of them home on this . & it carries the 516,518 or 520 18 miles to the wifes homeplace weekly for mowing.

post-4393-0-31151000-1385939358_thumb.jp

post-4393-0-66995700-1385939419_thumb.jp

• Like 1

ibskot

I put this thing on mine. It's got a ball, hitch pin, and hooks for a strap or chain.

9504297013_a7e7249bc3_z.jpg

Man, I forgot I had one of those. Need to find it. Cool.

What kind of WH's are those? I like the weights. How does that hook up?

jeremi3210

I put this thing on mine. It's got a ball, hitch pin, and hooks for a strap or chain.9504297013_a7e7249bc3_z.jpg

Man, I forgot I had one of those. Need to find it. Cool.

What kind of WH's are those? I like the weights. How does that hook up?

The top pic is my gt14 loader the hitch hooks up to the 3point. The other one is a c121 and it bolts on top of the axle to the rear attach bracket.

n1defan

I have one of the heavy duty receiver hitches Scott and Tom make on my 314-8. I have used it to pull my 5x10 Holmes (995 lbs) with my grandsons 185 John Deere lawn tractor on it. Had to feather the clutch taking off to prevent a wheelie, but the pull was easy, on a gravel drive up and down hill. I would like to find a nice 4x6 or 4x8 to use behind the 314-6. it would be nice to haul my "stuff" around the property. I have WH rear weights, chains and the frame mounted WH front weight, plus my 265 lbs. There is no traction problem, yet!

i

I am taking orders for the two inch heavy duty hitches that Scott and I build if interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk