baerpath

Anyone use these guy's for parts

baerpath

I;m looking for a wiring harness # 94-7605 for the 520 LXI I just got with burned wiring. Complete harness for $236.  Any thoughts

I figure it will be easier to just replace the whole thing and go from there. I hate splicing

http://www.lawnmowerpros.com

MalMac

I have not used them, but I have used Pats Small Engine with success. They seem to have the lowest prices that I have found. In some cases they have been quite a bit less. Other cases they are average.

Sparky

Never used them but the web-page looks impressive. I have to admit I have been buying more and more lately online. Parts for my WH tractors, Gilson snowblower, my Dodge truck etc...and I have yet to get screwed. I rarely go to the same place, my ordering is based on the best price w/shipping.

So far so good.

Mike............

flyovrcntry

You are going to get the same Toro part,it will just come through their billing. How much more is it from Toro? For that much money,I would want someone to deal with in person if I got the wrong part.

MalMac

Not to hi-jack this thread but this is a really good opportunity to say that it is nice to be able to work with a dealer in case something is wrong. The problem that I have run into is cost.

Yes I like to support my local dealer especially the one I have used for years. The fact is the dealers price is sometimes 20 to 30% more than what I can find it on-line for. I just recently bought some Toro/Wheel Horse OEM items for 40% less than what my dealer was charging and that included shipping. I have in the past gave my dealer a chance to match or at least come close but he said he just could not do that. I understand business and know he has his cost, etc. but when you are faced with pay more and in some circumstances  a lot more in order to support a dealer, it just does not add up for me. I have to get the biggest bang for my buck and unfortunately going the Internet route is being route I have to take. I don't like it but circumstances dictate it. I fully understand what flyovrcntry is saying and I am sure there is times you just should work with a dealer but the price they charge now a days you have to look to the net. Just kinda stinks to me. I guess the old saying "What it is, is What it is"

• Like 2

flyovrcntry

MalMac,I get what your saying, I buy a lot of parts,as I work on small engines.I probably buy 80% online because it is much cheaper, especially when you consider the expense of driving around looking for parts.I was just saying, something as expensive and application specific as this,I would pay a little more just to have someone to personally deal with.

But actually,I could do a lot of soldering and stripping for 300.

baerpath

I bought the tractor figuring a new harness.  Tractor is in good shape other than five wires that I see are melted. I will probably put jumps in line to make sure everything is good and then replace the whole harness.  I don't like cut and splice wiring

KC9KAS

My :twocents-02cents: ...

I have never had good luck with the crimp on butt connectors, and I will NEVER use the "TAP & GO" connectors.

922005_primary.jpg561371.jpg

If you plan to fix it right, use the correct size wire and solder the connections and use heat shrink tubing.

fireman

I second was KC9KAS said!

Don't waste your time with any type of crimp connector etc. Solder and shrink tube everything! If done right the solder seals the end of the wire stopping corrosion from setting in. The shrink tubing also seals it up pretty tight. Even when I do use crimp on ring or spade lugs, I use the type without the plastic covering and solder after I crimp then use heat shrink tubing.

Do it once right, you never will have to re-visit it again  :thumbs2:

Also just my  :twocents-02cents:

Digger 66

I don't like cut and splice wiring

If you ( graft in new pieces and ) solder, rather than just crimp, the repair will be equal to or better than it was originally .

Edited by Digger 66