Sign in to follow this  
AMC RULES

WH drive belt ?

AMC RULES

Looking at a WH parts list today...I see the drive belt has two seperate parts #'s listed.

One has with the normal four digit part number, the other followed by the letter "A"...

anyone know the difference between the two?   :thanks: 

squonk

What #'s does it list. I almost bet A is for alternate # such as the long WH # and a 4 diget Gates #

AMC RULES

The parts  :wh: parts manual calls for a #1586 drive belt...

and the one I saw listed is :wh: #1586 A     :confusion-shrug:

Any difference there?   :scratchead:

squonk

That # crosses to a Napa/Gates  4L760 for a std belt or 4L760W for the reinforced Kevlar belt. Perhaps the A was for the Heavier duty belt.

Edited by squonk
  • Like 1

AMC RULES

Humm...the belt is stamped "Wheelhorse 1586A GLASSTEX"...

so maybe?    :handgestures-thumbsup: 

Think it would be any good after all this time?   :eusa-think: 

Edited by AMC RULES

squonk

Yep Gates sold the reinforced belt as Glasstex,Glassflex. PowerFlex ect. Who do you think made WH belts? Gates of course. Just like Gates make all of Napa's belts. The sun probably hasn't gotten to that belt. If it's not frayed or oil soaked use it . To replace that 1586A go to Napa and get a 4L760W

Edited by squonk

sorekiwi

SR 64 speed reduction kit?

Those are pretty rare, a long time ago I toyed with the idea of building a reproduction of one of those.  I wanted to slow down my 702 with the sickle bar.  Never did it though, I decided it would be easier to swap in an 8 speed.

Of course I never did that either!

• Like 1

AMC RULES

Nope, its a drive belt Kiwi.

post-3498-0-92108300-1385759259_thumb.jp

Anglo Traction

Noticed that the Oils and Drive Belt Chart states next to your number of 1586  'Use 9714' . That look's like they are saying don't use a 3L/4L grade and use HA grade instead. So as Mike says - get a Heavy Dooty One . 

sorekiwi

Nope, its a drive belt Kiwi.

Well I'll be...

The number I have for the 1276 is 9714 (I probably got that # from the "lube rec" manual.  This cross references to a Gates 6876.  A 1586 also cross references to a Gates 6876.

A reverse parts look up on a 1586 lists it as a v belt for the SR64 speed reduction kit, or a Hy2 or Hy3 hydraulic unit.  No mention of the 1267.

I absolutely love my 1267.  I bought mine kinda by accident, but once I got it sorted out it has been a great tractor for me.  Unfortunately last year I decided to mount a tiller on it and as such I haven't used it very much at all recently.  Probably need to switch the tiller to something else, I need my 1267 back!

Anglo Traction

Listed in here...

the part 198 is #1586 v belt...hoping this is a valid number.  :scratchead:

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/files/file/151-tractor-1967-1067-1267-om-ipl-wiring-346-347pdf/

The part number 1586 superseded to 9714 at some point Craig. Your IPL File was printed in 1967. the Lube and Belt Chart  was produced by Toro after '86'. Partstree search with 1586 bears this out.  

If you haven't already done so,  check page 35 for your Tractor model on this one-       

I googled both numbers and there are plenty of responses for 9714 and only one (out of stock) on the old number. 

You should easily find what you need.

Regards