HorseFixer

520 Snow Chucker Video

HorseFixer

Well got a real wet snow yesterday, So got MJ on the Camera. Here is the 520 Snow Chucker in Operation.

~Duke

mqdefault.jpg

Edited by HorseFixer
  • Like 5

Don1977

You've been waiting a long time for that much snow. Looks like it doing a great job.

• Like 1

Old Ways

Dang good snow-chucker.   Wish I could find a machine that nice in my price-range.

• Like 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

great video of the snow chucker, thanks for posting it

• Like 1

leeave96

Great video!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Brrly1

Duke, I'll bet the ol' girl will get a workout this winter. Pretty sure you do to but, thats a good thing

• Like 1

Digger 66

Looks like it'snot even working up a sweat .

The chute deflector ?

Homebrewed ?

Pneumatic or hydro ? 

• Like 1

RMCIII

duke- nice video.. Question,,,, what is the gap between the scraper bar and concrete? By the way it appears, with very little snow left on your passes, the scraper bar does not even have a gap..

Also, what are all the extra lights running off of?

Rob

Edited by RMCIII
  • Like 1

Sparky

Looks like it was working great Duke. All that hard work and customizing finally paid off!

Mike.............

• Like 1

HorseFixer

Thanks Folks! :text-thankyouyellow:  I've Started to make a Video to give a Step by Step of all the Work, Options and Modifications that I did to build this Contraption. There is Just too many things that are not seen.

Digger, On the Chute Deflector I assume your talking on the Mechanical Operation...... It is designed and built by me, and is operated with Electric Motors / Actuator.

RMCIII,  Twice a year Usually Nov and end of Dec I check the gap and put it at 1/4" What I do is I have a Strip of 1/4" Nylon and lay it down side to side under scraper blade and then adjust the shoes. The lights are running off the Tractors Battery and Charging System being that All Lights are LED the amperage usage is amazingly low. :)

~Duke

Edited by HorseFixer

timo4352

Great video. I'm jealous of your snow now - I plowed my 1/2 inch of snow yesterday :hide:

• Like 1

Martin

you guys with your video skills.............

theres quite a few of you on here now that not only make an informative video, but entertaining as well and look so professional. i did a bit of it years ago with family videos for relatives back home, but it became too labor intensive ( and mentally challenging) for me......

i guess ill just stick to the plain videos.....

duke, the snow chucker has really evolved into a very capable and impressively optioned machine.  congrats on such a fine example of wheel horse engineering.......

going to check out a few of your other videos on your you tube channel..... :thumbs:

• Like 1

JackC

WOW. Award winning snow-chucker and video.  Bring it on.

• Like 1

HorseFixer

Thanks Guy's, :text-thankyouyellow:

Martin all I have to say is there is so much Talent on the Red Square and your a pretty tuff Act To Follow Yourself! :thumbs: And on the Video thingy.............. Ill fess up, I had my hands full with the New  Microsoft Movie Maker 2012 and it was different to use than the old one. The first go around I had the movie about done with 4 hours into it and the whole thing locked up and I lost everything!!!  :crying-yellow: That was right before company came over for dinner yesterday so I had to wait till everyone left so last night I redid it. TALENT in Movie Making?????  NOPE JUST Perseverance!  :)

• Like 1

squonk

Great video. It's nice to have someone on the camera. I have to do all my filming myself. Wife thinks I'm nuts making videos of a tractor! :)  Tough to do and operate the tractor at the same time. Question, What lights do you have in the rear fender? I've been trying to find lights that fit into the spots on the back of Marvin that don't leave exposed holes in the fender.

• Like 1

shallowwatersailor

Duke,

As always, interesting to watch and follow!

John

Digger 66

Digger, On the Chute Deflector I assume your talking on the Mechanical Operation...... It is designed and built by me, and is operated with Electric Motors / Actuator.

Nice !!

I love home brewed shhhhtuuff !

varosd

Duke:

Were you the only one out there? :D  Looks like your neighbors must have been asleep!

AMC RULES

Still the best Duke.

:thanks:

JimD

Great use of time and talent Bob. You've built a hell of a machine there. Looking forward to the heating solution too. Makes a guy wonder what this would have cost with all your options direct from the factory. Can you say. MEGABUCKS? (cheesy Ohio State reference) :ychain:  Once again, you truly have outdone yourself! :thumbs: :thumbs:

KC9KAS

Very nice video and Wheel Horse worker!

Thanks for the "show".

JC 1965

Wow !! I love it . Thanks for sharing.   :handgestures-thumbup:

stevasaurus

Excellent Bob & MJ.  That snow-chucker really looks hungry for snow...great video.  You are on the right side of the Lake.  :)

userj8670

Great looking machine and great video! One thing I want to commend you on besides a sweet tractor is your stack...it looks factory and is proportionately fit to the tractor which more often than not doesn't seem to be the case. Can I have some info or pix if you wouldn't mind?

HorseFixer

Thanks Gents!  :thumbs:

Great looking machine and great video! One thing I want to commend you on besides a sweet tractor is your stack...it looks factory and is proportionately fit to the tractor which more often than not doesn't seem to be the case. Can I have some info or pix if you wouldn't mind?

userj8670 Thanks.   Go down below and click on the Snow Chucker Thumbnail in my Signature.. That will take you to my Snow Chucker Build Post. The Exhaust manifold I built is on page 4 & 5 of that post.

~Duke

Edited by HorseFixer