GlenPettit

"Another way to Sell your tractor"

RMCIII

It seems we all have seen some really funny ads. The absolute "best" ad I have ever seen, to date, was listed in a newspaper. Way before internet. I am dating myself. I still remember it to this day. Went like this.

Camaro for sale:

$1.00. Please call 815-xxx-xxxx.

That was all it said. So, I called the number. A lady answers the phone. I said I was responding to the ad she placed in the paper. Her reply, "I'm sorry, I just sold it". I asked her, "Do you mind telling me what you got for it?" She seemed puzzled at the question. Her reply, "I thought I had the price listed in the ad". I said yes you did, but it only had $1.00, I thought that was a type-o. She laughed. Nope, that was all I wanted. My next question. "What was wrong with it?" Absolutely nothing was her reply. Now I am really upset that I missed this deal, but more important, why only $1.00. She then proceeds to fill me in. She purchased the car as a gift for her son. Her only stipulation was that he call her if he was running late. < Keep in mind; this was also before, cell phones. Well, he was running way late, the night before. Apparently he did not get home until around 2am. His mom quietly asked him where he had been and why he hadn't called. His response; Just out with the guys, sorry I did not call, I did not have a $1.00 to make change with so I could call from a pay phone.

So she got up early that morning, asked to have an ad placed in the Sunday paper. Her son was with his dad that weekend. She said he did not know she was selling the car and furthermore, she could care less. But now he has a $1.00 and he can call me when he wants..... You got to be kidding me was my reply. She said, "I wish I was, but I am sure my son will now understand the value of him being responsible". I thanked her for the conversation and wished her the best with her son.

Edited by RMCIII
  • Like 2

squonk

Saw another good one today. Ad said"I can't get to run. Needs battery and gas" No kidding!

• Like 2

AMC RULES

I saw one popped up first thing yesterday morning...15 minutes from home. 

Seller listed a T1267, virtually NOS 50" sickle bar, and solid 48" deck.

All going to scrap by the end of the week...make offer.   :scared-eek: 

Trust me, that's how you sell a tractor.   :eusa-whistle:  :eusa-whistle:  :eusa-whistle:

post-3498-0-39735800-1385478483_thumb.jp

post-3498-0-07945300-1385478517_thumb.jp

Edited by AMC RULES
  • Like 7

squonk

So is the couch in the frt. yard yet?  :teasing-poke:

• Like 1

AMC RULES

Yep...the wife, and that crazy cat too.   :handgestures-thumbsup:  

post-3498-0-77504500-1385488216_thumb.jp

Edited by AMC RULES
  • Like 3

squonk

Saw another "Alice Chalmers" Today!  :rolleyes:

"D"- Man

Another way to sell a crankshaft? Seller lists a crankshaft, on eBay, states "Kohler D-160 D-180 D-200." That would need to be one amazing crankshaft, as the Kohler in a D-160 was a single cylinder and the twin cylinder D-180 had a shorter stroke than the twin cylinder D-200.

Edited by TWIN54