Wheel-N-It

Question for the Wise Sage's of Wheel Horse Accessories

Wheel-N-It

This is something I thought was home made until about two or three weeks ago, when on Red Square someone had posted a pic of their Wheel Horse with one of these bolted on the rear. The pic you you see is the one that came mounted on the rear axle of my 416-8 (when I purchased it) , along with a snow blade mounting axle bracket and snowblade. I've been thinking it was some kind of home built contraption all along, but now I'm thinking it is maybe a factory made suitcase weight bar for Wheel Horse. Does anyone know something about this? There is a stamped part number on the close up pic. The number is 46638. I would think it was not made by Wheel Horse as it is not red, and neither was the other one I saw here. It was the exact same color as the one you see here. I'd sure love to know more about this thing if any of you can relay some information to me.

Also I apologize for not posting this in the Impliment and Attachment section of RS but I thought this area would give me the best coverage and most eyes on it for such an oddball piece. Thank You.

post-5982-0-70812000-1383866517_thumb.jp

post-5982-0-96049600-1383866534_thumb.jp

ericj

it is a trac-vac mounting bracket. i have 1 and use it for suit case weights on my 520-H and 2 stage blower, but i wish mine was longer because the weights hits the fender pan

eric j 

• Like 1

Don1977

I have never seen one, but it looks a lot like my old home made vacuum bracket.

SAM_0034.jpg

• Like 1

Wheel-N-It

it is a trac-vac mounting bracket. i have 1 and use it for suit case weights on my 520-H and 2 stage blower, but i wish mine was longer because the weights hits the fender pan

eric j 

Well if thats the case, I guess I won't be bolting it back on for the present time as I do not have a Trac Vac or any Suitecase Weights to fit it. So far all it was good for is putting bruises on my shin every time I walked by it :eusa-doh:

• Like 1

ericj

eric j 

Well if thats the case, I guess I won't be bolting it back on for the present time as I do not have a Trac Vac or any Suitecase Weights to fit it. So far all it was good for is putting bruises on my shin every time I walked by it :eusa-doh:

if you would like to part with it pm me and see if we can get together on it thanks 

eric j

AMC RULES

Yep, definitely looks like it would be painful.    :angry-nono:

• Like 1

squonk

Paint it up and re-install it. Write "Widow "Maker" on it.

• Like 1

Racinbob

That is the bracket  that a weight box mounts to. The box has a lip at the top that slips over the the top piece welded on the bracket ans one bolt holding the bottom. I had one when I lived in Indiana. The box is about 14"-16" cubed if I remember correctly. It might be used for a trac-vac as well but I'm not sure about that. The channel side bars bolting to the axle seem heavier than the one I had but, then again, my memory isn't............where's my coffee??

Found this with a Yahoo search. That's the box.

130825_opt.jpg

• Like 1

Tim

I welded a trailer hitch receiver to one that I had and then made a bracket that went into it that held suitcase weights

much better than the Berco suitcase setup as it is more versatile

post-2536-0-50625000-1386029845_thumb.jp

post-2536-0-91632000-1386029857_thumb.jp

post-2536-0-95063000-1386029896_thumb.jp

this is simply a cargo accessory that  people use for camping and such that I bolted a box to.  need some front weight when I load this up

post-2536-0-30867100-1386030076_thumb.jp

Edited by Tim
  • Like 1

darg

eric, on the trac vac hitch, I do not have a vac for my 418A, really do not know exactly what it is. If I can not use it I would sell it. Let me know.

darg