Brrly1

"Are you ready for some Big Ten football"

papaglide

Alright. After 90 minutes of college gameday and listening to Desmond's goofy laugh, learning that Jameis Winston is kind of odd and Jordan Lynch is the career active rushing leader, I am ready to announce my picks. No logic, just picks.

Penn State, Wisconsin, Ohio State, Minnesota, Nebraska, Michigan.

squonk

I don't listen to those blabbering idots (spelled that way on purpose  :) ) college or Pro's. Maybe that's why I'm in the basement hugging the boiler!  :helmet:

• Like 1

stevasaurus

GIVE ME A BREAK...IF YOU HAD TO MAKE A LIVING PICKING THESE GAMES...YOU AND YOUR FAMILY WOULD STARVE. :bow-blue: :bow-blue: :bow-blue:...Notice...no state that starts with the letter "I" won today...it happens all the time.

RESULTS FOR WEEK # 10  NOVEMBER 2ND  WINNING TEAMS...PENN ST., WISCONSIN, OHIO ST., MINNESOTA, NEBRASKA, MICHIGAN ST.

AT 6 WINS AND 0 LOSSES....RMCIII  :bow-blue:

AT 5 WINS AND 1 LOSS.........BITTEN, BRRLY1, PAPAGLIDE, SQUONK

AT 4 WINS AND 2 LOSSES...HODGE71, STEVASAUAUS

AT 3 WINS AND 3 LOSSES....BK-SCOUTER, JIMD

Just so you all know how close this was...the miracle catch at the end of the NW vs Neb game with no time left...would have turned this weeks results upside-down... :eusa-think:  :)

TOTAL RESULTS AFTER 10 WEEKS

AT 57 WINS AND 17 LOSSES....BRRLY1, HODGE71, RMCIII

AT 56 WINS AND 18 LOSSES....BITTEN, PAPAGLIDE, STEVASAURUS

AT 54 WINS AND 20 LOSSES....JIMD

AT 48 WINS AND 26 LOSSES...SQUONK

AT 48 WINS AND 22 LOSSES...BK-SCOUTER  (note...giving squonk the upper hand here...I don't know why...just feeling generous this week...kind of like Northwestern feels like right now.) :)

Edited by stevasaurus
  • Like 3

stevasaurus

Just to dangle a carrot for next week...5 games...Ohio St. has a bye (no easy pick here)...Penn St. at Minn :eusa-think: ...Iowa at Purdue (Purdue's 1st conference win???) :eusa-think: ...Illinois at Indiana (someone got a coin to flip??)...Brigham Young at Wisconsin (on ABC) :eusa-think: ...Nebraska at Michigan (is there a way they can both loose??) :ychain:

What a year in the Big Ten...some great games today, and some though losses and wins... :bow-blue:   RMCIII...you need to buy a lottery ticket today. :orcs-cheers:

• Like 1

RMCIII

:banghead:  :banghead:  :ranting: YEAH......Big 10 is kinda like that.. Not that I am complaining this week. Minnesota vs. Indy was a close game. Spartans wiped the field with the Badgers. Nebraska was truly outplayed by NW. But, like you said Steve, the miracle catch at the end of the game. Wait, the most played "miracle catch" in NCAA history..... The Hail-marry pass thrown by Doug Flutie. :dance:

• Like 1

Brrly1

Iowa at Purdue (Purdue's 1st conference win???) Very Doubtful!

Go Hawkeyes!!!

post-45-0-41287700-1383500095.jpg

• Like 1

stevasaurus

I don't know John...Purdue is going to win a game sooner or later.  Looking at their remaining schedule...it might as well be the Hawkeyes. :ychain: :ychain: :) :)

• Like 1

JimD

Oh man, that sounded like a Sluggo shot right there... :ROTF:

• Like 1

Brrly1

I don't know John...Purdue is going to win a game sooner or later. Looking at their remaining schedule...it might as well be the Hawkeyes. :ychain: :ychain: :) :)

NOT GONNA HAPPEN!!!

Edited by Brrly1

RMCIII

Well, if I look to stay at the top, I just may have to have my wife type the "I" fowl word,,, :laughing-rofl: I don't care if you are an "I" fan that is some funny s^$# right there.... :laughing-rolling:  :hilarious:  :music-deathmetal:  BOOM!!!! GOES THE DYNAMITE......

• Like 1

papaglide

Somehow I think that Purdue might not win a conference game. Minny is looking pretty tough right now. Penn State has more heart than some of the "top" programs do. Michigan and Nebraska.......who is going to not show up? Take your pick. Illini and Indy. Illinois, where is Ron turner when they need him? Beckman is in over his head. Some screwy games this weekend.

• Like 3

stevasaurus

WEEK 11  NOVEMBER 9TH  5 GAMES TO PICK THIS WEEK....GOOD LUCK :)

penn_state.png  PENN ST.  AT  MINNESOTA  minnesota.png

iowa.png  IOWA  AT  PURDUE  purdue.png

illinois.png  ILLINOIS  AT  INDIANA  indiana.png

nebraska.png  NEBRASKA  AT  MICHIGAN  michigan.png

byu.png  BRIGHAM YOUNG  AT  WISCONSIN  wisconsin.png

stevasaurus

There are 2 choices in each game this week  (DAH)...It's like..."who do you think will win, and who do you want to win, and who is really going to show up to play???".

The smart money goes with...Penn St. Iowa, Indiana, Michigan, Wisconsin...that is not going to happen!!! :)

A safe bet is the home teams this week...Minnesota, Purdue, Indiana, Michigan, Wisconsin...good luck with that!!!  :)  Purdue is going to win 1 conference game. :ychain:

The world according to Stevasaurus picks...(and these are my picks this week)...Minnesota, Purdue, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin  The only one I am not sure of...Neb / Mich...going with home team...you have to ask yourself...which one of these teams is luckier. :ychain: Michigan always has the refs on their side at home. :eusa-think:

• Like 2

papaglide

Minnesota, Iowa, Indiana, Nebraska, Wisconsin

Minny- they are tough and for real and they are experienced. PSU will play hard.

Iowa - I have absolutely no faith in Hazell.

Indiana- I believe that they are on the cusp of becoming decent. Back to the days of Bill Mallory?

Michigan- I really do not like them...at all. I do not want them to win. After the egg that they laid this past Saturday, I expect them to semi show up. Nebraska on the other hand seems to have ADD. IF they could keep their collective heads into the game for a full 60 minutes they obviously would be a much better and dominating team. But wait, they showed moxey last week. They found a way to win. They pulled out a victory from the clutches of defeat! I liked Tom Osborne a lot. Bo Pellini coached under Frank Solich who coached under Tom Osborne...........

I don't trust the Huskers.

• Like 1

stevasaurus

If they start running the "Wish Bone" again...watch out Big Ten... :)   Papa...how can I agree with you (and I do) and we have picked only 2 out of 5 games the same?? :orcs-cheers:

papaglide

Suarus, I dunno. There are some wacky games this week for sure. I reserve the right to change my Nebraska pick to Michigan at some time within the next 3 days.

• Like 1

RMCIII

Can this week, we have all picks in, by HALF-TIME.... I like that idea.... LOL

• Like 2

Brrly1

I guess you can say that I'm fuuny or something, I still don't know why its so funny but oh well. Anyway my picks go like this I'll take the home teams other than Iowa and Nebraska hopefully will pull the rabbit straight out of the hat. If Iowa pulls out a victory it will make them bowl bound. Guess what? That would really make my day!!!

As always, Go Hawkeyes!!!

post-45-0-58088100-1383829717.jpg

squonk

My right arm says:

Minn, Iowa, I'll, Neb, Wisc.

JimD

Minnesota, Iowa, Indiana, Nebraska, Wisconsin.

bitten

minnesota 

iowa

indiana

michigan

wisconsin

GO BUCKEYES

Hodge71

I'm getting a bit tired of trying to make hide or hair of this every week. It just keeps getting harder….or maybe I seem to be over thinking everything….. Penn Sate has a score to settle after the hammering last week and in my heart I know they can beat Minnesota, but being on the road is the key here. Nebraska  should beat Michigan but the refs seem to favor blue and yellow for some reason at home…Ugh  here goes nothing

Wisconsin

Indiana

Iowa

Michigan

My heart says Penn State but my gut and brain say Minnesota….I hope JoePa can forgive me but a lot is different this year then when Matt McGloin went into Gopherland and kicked butt in 2010 

bk-scouter

Live from the basement (only because the 'saurus was feeling generous to Squonk):

PENN ST., IOWA, INDIANA,  MICHIGAN  michigan.pngBRIGHAM YOUNG

-BK

• Like 1

squonk

Live from the basement (only because the 'saurus was feeling generous to Squonk):

PENN ST., IOWA, INDIANA,  MICHIGAN  michigan.png, BRIGHAM YOUNG

-BK

Steve and I are the only ones picking the Teckys!  :) ( The blind leading the blind  :bow-blue: ) ( No pun intended Steve!  :) ) BK , How's the Boiler?  :eusa-whistle:

• Like 2

RMCIII

Well, RS is back up. I had emailed Steve my pics. Since it is up and running, here we go:

• I’ll get this one over quick, since it is painful to type, Iowa over Purdue… Don’t tell John I actually typed that four letter word… Ha
  • Nebraska is in the Big House so, not really a chance there – Michigan
  • Looking at the stats again, Illini is just to unmatched-and it is an away game. Going with Indiana
  • Minnesota. Penn State needs to get the program going. They will. Minnesota is tough this year and a home game.
  • This last one is a coin toss… BYU is much better than what they are getting credit for, but Wisconsin is playing at home. If it were in a neutral environment, I’d pick BYU, and BYU has already upset some good teams on the road. I just think this one is going to go the way of Wisconsin. Not by much, but Wisconsin wins.