Sign in to follow this  
Dieselcowboy

New found 520-8

Dieselcowboy

After 2 years of looking for a 520, last week I found a 520H. Was happy as punch to have one. Last night dad called and said the was a 20hp W.H. listed. No model listed. I could see it had a lift handle. Went to look this morning went to have a look. It was a 520-8. Nice. Unbelievable after all this time there is two within a week. At fair prices. So here is the new 520-8 which will replace the C160 under my ark loader.  From what I hear this can only be 224 others out there somewhere.

post-6454-0-45923300-1371430777_thumb.jp

• Like 2

AMC RULES

Congratulations, nice lookin' machine. 

jay in nc

ill take that ugly ol deck off your hands, bring it to the show. jay

can whlvr

nice find,never seen one in person where i live

leeave96

Great find!

Kevbo

Nice find!! All 520-8s MUST BE SAVED!! :bow-blue:

• Like 1

gwest_ca

Interested in knowing what the serial number is and the build date if it is there. So far they appear to have been built in 4 batches ranging from 10083 to 10582.

So far they were all built in 1989.

Garry

Dieselcowboy

All the numbers read like this

41200801. 10008

gwest_ca

All the numbers read like this

41200801. 10008

That changes things a bit. It is the lowest serial of 7 for the 520-8 so far in what is now 5 batches.

Garry

Dieselcowboy

So does this mean it is a 1989 also? How many of these are known to red sqaure to exstist?  Does the pic look correct for the way it would have come out of the factory? No chrome, arm rest and such?

John Sullivan

I have one. Bought new in 1989 LOVE IT Great tractor 520-8,  4120O801, 10125  9269. Wife almost convinced me to sell for a Kubota. But no-way. Have 60 inch deck, 46 inch 2 stage snowblower, tiller,mid mount grader,set of harrows. 660 hours and came with armrests full dash instrumentalization  Will remove snow almost as good as the Vermonster!! 

In Vermont

gwest_ca

I have one. Bought new in 1989 LOVE IT Great tractor 520-8,  4120O801, 10125  9269. Wife almost convinced me to sell for a Kubota. But no-way. Have 60 inch deck, 46 inch 2 stage snowblower, tiller,mid mount grader,set of harrows. 660 hours and came with armrests full dash instrumentalization  Will remove snow almost as good as the Vermonster!! 

In Vermont

John,

I may have you down twice

Do you have 2 of them? Where did the 10400 come from?

Garry

Tankman

So does this mean it is a 1989 also? How many of these are known to red sqaure to exstist?  Does the pic look correct for the way it would have come out of the factory? No chrome, arm rest and such?

My 520-8 is a '90. No arm rests, and no chrome. I have a bid open for the arm rests, added chrome muffler shield and "baby moons" to the wheels. Terry's great decals and coarse skateboard grip tape to the foot rests. The Stallion purrs and folks take a second look when I take this Horse out to play!

Great Horse, had fun restoring the find. Was sitting outdoors next to a barn in PA for two years. Not for sale, one day I just stopped and asked, yeah!

1st Onan I've owned. I do like it but, find myself often takin' one of my 400's out to work. The Kohlers need exercise, love, and wo.....wo.....work! :smile:

(before and after pics in my gallery)

gwest_ca

No. You have a 1990 model. Most new models were released in October of the year before just like autos are today. Have seen them built as early as June for the following model year.

Garry

Wheel Horse Kid

Sweet find! Those 520-8's sure are cool machines! :)

Dieselcowboy

Installed gear reduction today. What a sweet easy turn. Ready for the loader install next. Have to find another gear reduction for my other 520H.

Vinylguy

I have gear reduction on my 520-H and am thinking I need a spinner on the steering wheel.

decksetter

Nice find! I don't care for gear reduction myself (even with the 60"), but I bet it's about a must for a loader rig.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Dieselcowboy

Here is the final product with the loader. I'm happy. Much better than the C160 on the loader. Really hate to use such a rare tractor for such a task but it is perfectly qualified for the job. If I need a bigger loader tractor we have several, not a problem.

post-6454-0-95414400-1372481704_thumb.jp

post-6454-0-71507400-1372482239_thumb.jp

CTBT&D

I know this is late on this post, I have a 520-8, numbers are 4120O801  10372  9310. It appears from what I read above, it was built later in the run.

post-5789-0-05849500-1372612583_thumb.jp

Dieselcowboy

Very nice machine. I am glad to see our fellow readers here have some of these elusive 520-8's hidden around.

gwest_ca

I know this is late on this post, I have a 520-8, numbers are 41-20O801  10372  9310. It appears from what I read above, it was built later in the run.

Of 9 serials recorded so far this one is the first in batch 5 of 7 batches.

Garry