Sign in to follow this  
Martin

a bunch of parts or another one saved?

Martin

yesterday picked up a bunch of left over parted out tractor parts from one of our members here. was a 2.5 hour trip each way, but was nice to get away for the afternoon, take a ride out west to fairfield ia, just jeanine and i. (ended up costing me more than tractor parts if you include the gas money and the stop at the chocolate cafe shop in fairfield though....)

havent had a real good look at all of it yet, theres so much crud on everything its hard to tell if its a good candidate for another build or not. the main reason i grabbed all this stuff is the hood was nice and straight, looks like the bottom had been repaired at some time but can be fixed. the rest or it is nice and straight...... hard to find parts cheap around here. but im thinking it would be a shame to loose another red tractor forever........

looks like im missing engine, hydro pump, lift cylinder and control, rear wheels, seat pan, belt guard and a few small things. i could hunt the c175 specific parts down or build it with what i have here. im still working on getting a kt17 series 2 engine for some engine building labor, but not sure on condition. if i take the gas out of what it cost me, i have almost nothing in this and my biggest expense is going to be getting an eaton 1100 together from the parts here and buying a pump ( without looking i think everything is there except the pump) or just putting a 8 speed i have in it...... i already have the rear wheels, and would look for a later 3/4/500 series fender pan to put on it. i think if the majority of what i have cleans up ok, it will end up getting put back together and that will be another one saved......

would be happier to leave it oem though so i might have to spend some $$$$ to get the hydro and lift working again......

heres the pics....

post-4321-0-89146700-1362319356_thumb.jp

post-4321-0-06057000-1362319380_thumb.jp

post-4321-0-24789100-1362319407_thumb.jp

Sparky

I see the ignition key hanging outa the dash.....did ya try and fire her up :ychain:  ?

Parts piles are great, I have a couple of machines (C-85, GT-1100, and something else :scratchead:  ) down by my shed that I have picked stuff off of for years.

Mike.............

Kelly

Well I see in my eyes a pile of parts, but if you want to rebuild it get a list together I have a eaton 1100, and a parts C-165 hydro, setting here, the 165 is a sunstrand, but has the hyd lift on it.

Martin

yes, just a pile of parts, still undecided about what will happen with them, its hard to part out around here, thats why these ended up in my possession so cheap, i could clean up all the small stuff and ebay them and more than get my investment back, but I'm still at the stage in this hobby of wanting to save everything.... its been discussed on here many times about when is the best time to just let one go and save others by parting out, but im not there yet. plus i have developed a soft spot for the black hoods, couldnt be happier with how my c125 turned out and i only put about half of what went into the 1054 and 1057 in that......

i have a sundstrand (hydro gear though) that needs seals and a tidy up so i could go that way as well. would be happier with the eaton in it......

i will probably have a list of parts i need together soon, maybe.....

Edited by Martin

Vinylguy

Martin

Take a close look at those hood decals and tell me if you believe they are linen beige.

Looks like they are?

squonk

I've sorta done the same thing. Get a nice Horse you want to save forever to use and then find a bunch of parts. Sort thru what you might want to keep as some things wear out over time and move what you don't need. Somebody else will need them!!

Martin

Martin

Take a close look at those hood decals and tell me if you believe they are linen beige.

Looks like they are?

its hard to tell if they are linen beige terry, next to a sheet of paper they look beige, but its not as 'strong' as i would imagine it should be....

i need to do some more comparisons......

post-4321-0-59185900-1362324974_thumb.jp

Wheel-N-It

ME LIKE PARTS  :banana-dance:

Stigian

I think I'd keep it all for handy parts. You could always rebuild it with whatever parts you have/ can get easily and full a rebuild at a later date when you find the correct parts.

• Like 1

groundhog47

Wow, parts are fun to sell, puttin' to work is @#$%. All I find is the teeny tiny parts. Guess everyone up here are recyclers like me, shameful to see all that go that route so you did good.  Have fun with it all   

Edited by groundhog47

Martin

i think all the good stuff is going to get stripped down and powder coated and then we will see where its at. hard to tell the condition of some of the metal with all that crusty paint and grease/dirt all over it. theres a few pieces in this lot that ive been looking for to replace some parts on my tractors so thats always an option. the rear end is all there except the pump and seems to be in good condition, so i think that will be getting a rebuild. some of the sheet metal/brackets etc are better than what i used to put the c125 together........