Sign in to follow this  
gratefulydeadman

traded for a gt14 today

gratefulydeadman

After aome wheeling and deeling over the past couple weeks, I finally got a gt14!! It runs great... no smoke... flawless seat, all 4 original Wheelhorse tires.. 48inch mower deck is almost brand new... I also have the original gas tank for it. I also have a 54inch snowblade that came with my 953. Will that fit on the gt14? Will put pics on in a minute..

Tankman

Score another one for Pennsy! Sounds like a great "find."

Let's see the pic's!

Jake Kuhn

Sounds cool! Can't wait to see the pics! :wwp::)

gratefulydeadman

Here it is....

post-5837-0-60437600-1361668233_thumb.jp

post-5837-0-71091300-1361668251_thumb.jp

post-5837-0-35046400-1361668272_thumb.jp

post-5837-0-04978300-1361668293_thumb.jp

post-5837-0-01996400-1361668309.jpg

post-5837-0-74682100-1361668320.jpg

• Like 3

546cowboy

Looks like a nice original tractor. :handgestures-thumbupright:

Iggy68

Very nice!

Shynon

Nice looking Gt! What kind of a gas tank did someone put in that one?

Tom

welderman85

Great tractor

JackC

Very nice.  Looks to be in excellent condition. Those are the real deal.

Brrly1

Nice tractor. I totally enjoy mine.

• Like 1

boovuc

Was your GT in Loganton, PA perhaps? We had a local GT14 posted here but I need another tractor like I need another head cold.

squonk

I need another tractor. There is a hole in my garage where my Goldwing used to sit. :sad:

gratefulydeadman

I picked this gt14 up in Hanover, Pa. Does anyone know what modifications I would have to make to put the 54" blade from my 953 onto my gt14?

Stigian

Great tractor. I love the look of GT-14's

fabricator2009

Very nice gt. Good luck with it.

Brrly1

Whats up? Do you have the quick attach on the rear? More than likely it should fit. I would say without seeing either. The 54" blade is the same width as the GT14 blade. If you have the quick attach on the tractor go ahead and try it. Let us know what happen's. Good Luck

gratefulydeadman

Hey shynon... here is a pic of that gas tank. Not sure what it is from. And for u brrly pics of my plow. I mounted it on the gt14 and it goes up and down as it should. But the only plow bracket I have is just the normal one:( I cant pivot the blade or it hits my wheels. So I have to get the one for the gt14. And does anyone know if the plow feet on the blade are original or not. Thanks

Forgot the tank pic.

post-5837-0-88118200-1361913523_thumb.jp

post-5837-0-94186000-1361913540_thumb.jp

post-5837-0-10237700-1361913561_thumb.jp

post-5837-0-79680300-1361913626_thumb.jp

Brrly1

Good morning, the plow feet are probably original to the blade. You will definitely want to get rid of that gas tank. How does your quick attach bolt to the axle? From front to back or from top to bottom? That will be a start to the problem. More than likely the frame is not long enough. Need to look for a longer frame. Where ya located? Pm me, I have a fuel tank

Edited by Brrly1

Shynon

Mine is mounted to the front side of the axle. I also have two holes in the blade frame to change the rod position for the quick attach. I have a model 64113 8 frame (best i could make out the numbers) the number 4 is hard to make out. Also from blade to wheel in the straight positon is approx. 13" of clearance and I have had no issues of the blade touching the wheels when in the angled position.

Tom

gratefulydeadman

Well problem solved. I picked up a gt14 plow bracket today. Puts the plow forward enough to angle it both ways. Along with that I picked up a set of spare rims and tires for the gt14 (front and rear)!!. They are original tires that say wheelhorse on the sidewalls.

post-5837-0-62267600-1362180171_thumb.jp

Brrly1

Thats the correct hitch. Do you have the three point attachment? If you do I am sure you see how it all bolts together. Should be stylin' soon.

Edited by Brrly1

wh1257

Hey shynon... here is a pic of that gas tank. Not sure what it is from. And for u brrly pics of my plow. I mounted it on the gt14 and it goes up and down as it should. But the only plow bracket I have is just the normal one:( I cant pivot the blade or it hits my wheels. So I have to get the one for the gt14. And does anyone know if the plow feet on the blade are original or not. Thanks

Forgot the tank pic.

it cant not works you have a short frame snow plow for 753 ,854 ...   bud you need a long frame snow plow gt 14 518h 416-8 c 120....

gratefulydeadman

I actually just started looking for a complete 3point setup for the gt14. I have found 2. What is a good going rate for one? And how many pieces make up the complete hitch assembly? Thanks... ralph

varosd

Ralph,  You are coming up with some great deals!

Maybe you should be called "Gratefully RED man" !!! :D

bitten

Gratefulydeadman

Wow, you have found 2 3-points. I have had my GT14 for a few years and still on the lookout for a 3-point setup. Let me know if one is available. Nice looking tractor you got there. You get it all sorted out and you can keep the (New) Cumberland blues at bay.

Brrly

Is there a reason you said that he would want to get rid of that gas tank? I mean will it have an effect on the performance of it or is it an originality thing?