Sign in to follow this  
can whlvr

c 160

can whlvr

so i had to do an oil change and some service on my wifes car today and i had to take all the horses out of the shop to do this in the warm shop,i fired up the 160 and took her for a ride to charge the battery and a joy ride,she has been semi retired latly as i like to abuse the 50 dollar specials,not that the 160 cant do anything that any of my newer horses can do,just trying to preserve a classic,well i jjust wanted to say i really LIKE the sound of that big single kohler,for me theres no small engine that sounds so sweet,and cranking her over you can just feel the thump of that big piston,just had to comment on that today as i havnt ran her in months

012-3.jpg

• Like 2

Martin

yep, know what youre talking about there, don. even though most of the time my c160 just sits in the garage all covered up, every now and again i get the urge to fire it up and take it for a spin, just love that 16 horse single.....

one day it will get the attention that it deserves, just dont have the time to do it good right now....

Edited by Martin

whc160

Had two of mine running yesterday. Have not had to use them for a few weeks. So I started them up & let them run for about 20 min. or so. Love hearing those K341 THUMPER'S run. :music-listening:

jay in nc

i know what you mean, last weekend i aired up the aggs on the c-161-8speed and drove out to see the goats. love that sound! doing a full rebuild on the 341 in my c-165-8 speed now.so then ill have 2! Jay

Sparky

Yep, I know what yer talking about. I haven't fired up my C-165 since i finished leaf pick-up back in October.

Mike...............

massey

I agree, I love my C160's

Wheel-N-It

Nice tractor Don! I also really like the rear wheel weights. I know what everybody here means about the K-341. I have one in a 416-8, and one in a Cub Cadet 1650. You can tell they ARE one big old hulking single in the Cub Cadet. The engine flywheel bolts to a driveshaft and is ruber mounted. It vibrates like an old Triumph motorcycle. You should drive one of those if you ever get the chance.