Sign in to follow this  
farmerall

New to me B112

farmerall

I bought this about a month ago from a friend of a friend. I was told that it was his grandpas tractor and it hadn't been touched since his grandpa passed away about 10 years ago. His grandapa repainted a lot of it and it looks like he did a good job too. I pu tsome gas in and jumped the battery and it fired up after a few seconds and ran pretty good. I haveno clue what I'm going to do with it but I couldn't pass it up for 50 dollars.

post-987-0-98520600-1359432191_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

posifour11

I wouldn't be passing it up either. Another one finds a loving home.

Wheel-N-It

That might be the best 50dollar lawn tractor you will ever buy! I know what I would do with it. I would sweep the snow off and take it home with me :)

welderman85

Great buy

Jake Kuhn

Looks pretty nice! and what a great price too! :handgestures-thumbup:

Kelly

I've got one of those here that I picked up for $25, years ago, my son Ryan use's it to sweep leaves in the fall, mine has a 42" RD deck, it's just a mower but does pretty good, I think the trans is going out of it but heck 3 years for $25, it's been good to us.

VinsRJ

Looks like a nice unit... good luck with it!

TT

A few years ago I won this B-112 on eBay for $22
B-112.jpg

I stuck another engine on it and my son beat it around for a while. When he was done, I saved a the good pieces and scrapped the rest.
The mower deck went to one RS member who was going to convert it to use on a garden tractor and the narrow front axle went to another member for his pulling tractor.
I guess verts aren't totally worthless. :P

farmerall

I would sweep the snow off and take it home with me :)

It is home. The tarp blew off and it snowed on it. Unfortunately I don't have anymore space to store it inside right now.

855ownerJoel

Looks pretty nice from what is visible, good find and a bargain! Anything that runs alone is worth $50.00 to me, cannot buy the engine for that.

georgeg4

Hello Noobie here , I have a B112 with a 36 inch deck . I actually use it but I am having trouble with it the clutch is slipping and I dont have any documentation to pull it apart to see what is wrong with it . Can anyone help me

BTW I got it from a neighbor for free when he bought a new mower

gwest_ca

Hello Noobie here , I have a B112 with a 36 inch deck . I actually use it but I am having trouble with it the clutch is slipping and I dont have any documentation to pull it apart to see what is wrong with it . Can anyone help me

BTW I got it from a neighbor for free when he bought a new mower

See if you can find the ID plate below the dash housing. Should have the model and serial number on it.

Here is the 1981 manual

There are 5 files of the same manual also that are a higher resolution. Search the manuals for 810233r1

Parts lists are here

https://lookup3.toro.com/partdex/index.cfm?xCaller=Toro

Type in B-112 and select your model from the results. To print a page click on a small printer icon at the top left of each illustration.

An older service manual but may apply to your tractor

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/files/file/1930-tractor-1978-1979-b-c-and-d-series-sm-section1-4-810063r1pdf/

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/files/file/1931-tractor-1978-1979-b-c-and-d-series-sm-section5-810063r1pdf/

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/files/file/1932-tractor-1978-1979-b-c-and-d-series-sm-section6-810063r1pdf/

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/files/file/1933-tractor-1978-1979-b-c-and-d-series-sm-section7-9-810063r1pdf/

Let us know what the model and serial numbers are.

Garry

SousaKerry

I had an 1137 with the same clutch setup they can be a pain if the clutch material gets contaminated with oil, usually form a leaking seal on the bottom of the motor.  The only fix I found was to replace the cone, and I was lucky to find one on Epay for not too much money.

But that said it may be as simple as adjusting the clearance properly, which is explained in the operator manual mentioned above.

georgeg4

Garry

Thanks so much for your help

As far as I can make out the numbers ,Here they are

Serial # 02-11bxo1-8942

Model # 0150

gwest_ca

1980 B-112 3-Speed

Your model number is 02-11BX01. The 0's are all zeros.

The serial number is 8942

The Julian build date is 0150 = 150th day of 1980 = Thursday May 29, 1980

More

Garry

• Like 1

georgeg4

Thanks for the info Garry and the links to the manuals

georgeg4

Another problem My deck belt broke and there are no markings left on it , So I cant find the size it is a 30 inch deck W/3 blades can anyone help me ?

gwest_ca

These are listed for the 36" side discharge model 05-36XS01 and 36" rear discharge model 05-36XR01. No 30" deck listed.

Drive belt

Toro 106533 {HA/Ax40.06"}

6840 Gates 1/2"x40"

4L400W Napa 1/2"x40"

Spindle belt

Toro 106751 Replaces 105476 {HA/4Lx80.5"}

6880 Gates 1/2"x80"

4L800W Napa 1/2"x80"

Garry