Sign in to follow this  
KC9KAS

What is up with some women?

KC9KAS

What is up with some women?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had a chain of, um, debate today with my wife. Apparently there are certain things one should not do in the kitchen. I have a parts washer and a deep sink. But much like my other shop equipment they are not hooked up and running for various reasons too lengthy to get into at this time. So I am left with nothing more than a hose and spray bottle of solvents. I decided today that will just no longer do. So I started off by placing the air box from my truck in the dish washer. I had no idea this was the sort of thing inconsiderate people do until it was pointed out to me.

My response was logical but perhaps not that well worded. “Well if dish washers were not meant to wash parts why did my air box and tubing come out so clean?†I also got the impression that things would not have went the way they did had I not mixed in the air box and tubing with our dishes. Okay, lesson one learned for the day.

On to lesson two. As I mentioned my deep sink is not operational. However, I do have a nice large double sink in the kitchen. Soaking the brake parts off of my motorcycle in a can of solvent got them cleaner than I expected. But I still had to take a tooth brush to them and wash the solvent off. I figured using the sink in the kitchen was a great idea. Once again, it was pointed out to me that I was wrong. It would seem that cleaning brake parts with a tooth brush over the sink while washing solvents off into the sink at the same time I was cooking spaghetti was not a wise combination of tasks. I felt I was doing a great job of multitasking. Not only was I getting dinner ready, but I was also getting my motorcycle that much closer to getting back on the road. I find it strange how two people can see a situation so differently.

And finally, I learned the oven is not intended for non-food items. After dinner I was asked why the oven was on. My response “I just painted the master cylinder on my bike so it is baking in the oven†was not well received at all. I guess that fact that I had painted a part made of aluminum and baking it would help the paint stick was irrelevant to her. No, the fact that I had a freshly painted part in the oven is all she cared to acknowledge.

I tell you, I just have no idea what some women are thinking. Her comments today almost had me second guessing my idea of soaking my transfer case in her tub tomorrow. Almost any way…

• Like 5

smoreau

:ROTF: I'm glad I am not married for the above reasons. But you got to remember that the kitchen is her work shop and how would you like it if she went into your shop and started to use your tools to make dinner? Just something to consider.

Edited by smoreau
  • Like 1

refracman

Dude! you are asking for it! :angry-nono: LOL

Keep this up and you'll be sleepin with that bike and truck out in the garage

varosd

man-in-doghouse_opt.jpg?w=385&h=250

Now if only I hadn't mixed up the parts solvent and the spaghetti sauce...

rexman72

nothing like a scroned woman

stevasaurus

KC...What Were You Thinking.??..Don't you know that you gave up all of that logical thinking being OK, when you said "I Do". :) :)

• Like 1

JimD

Now a seasoned veteran to marriage like Steve or I would never do this. We might however hope you move in next door to help us now and then. :ychain:

• Like 1

squonk

Putting shop rags in the washer with her work clothes is also a great idea! If you have never done it please do and you will have an experience like no other! :)

• Like 2

Zeek

Holy crap! I do a lot of stuff to test the limits of my wife's tolerance, but I've never done that :crying-pink:

Terry M

I don't want to think what would happen if I did something like that! :kbutt:

6wheeler

Thanks for that valuable information KC. You may also add this to your "now" knowing list of non-shop things to do. 1. Do NOT use a butter knife from the silverware drawer heated on the stove burner to swage plastic parts. 2.Do NOT use her hair dryer as a heat gun. 3.Do Not spray paint parts on the kitchen counter no matter how much newspaper you put down. 4. The house vacuum cleaner is NOT a shop tool. 5. The kitchen scissors is NOT for cutting plastic or sheet metal (it says "you" can on the commercial. But, they are not married to my wife). 6. A paring knife is NOT for stripping wires, nor is it a screw driver. 7. Do NOT under any circumstances, pound on anything on the kitchen counter. It is not a G*&^%MN bench. Nor is it the place to store your D$#N parts. 8. Also, and perhaps most important. That 9"X13" deep lasagna pan is NOT for changing lawn tractor oil. I hope these valuable tips will come in handy for you. Good Luck. Pat

squonk

Putting bearings/sleeves in the freezer to make them smaller for a slip fit is another good one. Especially if you forget they are in there!

Kelly

I have baked a set of headers in the oven, I also had to buy dinner out because the house smelled, but was kindly told not to again, or I could use the oven any time I wanted in the garage after I buy her a new one, I used the hair dryer in the shop to dry some paint on parts, well it's a shop tool now because I got paint on it and bought her a new one, also try using her dish towels for shop rags, nothing real messy but I still get to use them in the shop, and she has new ones in the house, she never yells at me, just tells me I just bought something to replace something I used incorrectly, I also have a hobby of RC nitro trucks 1/10 scale and I have cleaned them in the bath tub a few times, nothing was said but a bucket with cleaning supplies was next to me when I got done, needless to say I also cleaned the tube as well as my truck.

Almost 18 years with her, and still going strong.

chazm

Well guys I feel for you all, I'm just lucky I have this to hang over my wife's head

I Do Love My Wife...

Started by chasm, Apr 22 2012 09:05 AM

Only problem is the statue of limitations is running out :no:

Chas

roscoemi

:violence-blades: :violence-blades:

rmaynard

Well, back about 10 years ago, we were making Thanksgiving dinner and the mixer went up in smoke while making mashed potatoes. So off to the shop I went to get my brand new Makita Lithium Ion powered drill. We inserted the paddle from the mixer in the drill and voila, mashed potatoes!

Now one would think that having saved the day by using one of my shop tools, that 9 years later when I needed to cure a little paint in the wife's oven that she would understand.

:ranting::angry-nono: Not a chance...

• Like 2

KC9KAS

OK guys, This really never happened to me, I just found it and thought everyone would get a charge out of it!

Although I have done a few things that upset her, I don't think I have ever gone quite as far as the fellow that wrote this in the 1st place.

That is my story, and I am sticking to it!

stevasaurus

KC...I thought it was too good to be true...gives me some ideas though. Sometimes you just have to do things like this to see if she is paying attention. :)

• Like 1

hm12460

Some women just don't get it.

tunahead72

Well, back about 10 years ago, we were making Thanksgiving dinner and the mixer went up in smoke while making mashed potatoes. So off to the shop I went to get my brand new Makita Lithium Ion powered drill. We inserted the paddle from the mixer in the drill and voila, mashed potatoes!

Bob, how could you abuse your drill like that?!? :omg:

SousaKerry

I remember my dad getting in hot water as a kid for using the oven to expand a ring gear for one of the tractors....

The next time he used a torch.

puddlejumper

Well, I hate to say it but, I have done alot of the things on the list or close variations. But it really sounds like me and kellys wifes are alot alike, May not say a whole lot (most of the time) but you pay for it eventually. And then the old saying that I have the most even tempered wife there could possibly be (mad all the time) Besides that I think mine kinda enjoys it sometimes, gives us something to talk about.

KC9KAS

My wife is pretty understanding about most things. Heck, she is likely to use one of the kitchen appliances for something other than what it was designed for.....

squonk

OK guys, This really never happened to me, I just found it and thought everyone would get a charge out of it!

Although I have done a few things that upset her, I don't think I have ever gone quite as far as the fellow that wrote this in the 1st place.

That is my story, and I am sticking to it!

Figures! :ychain: :ychain: But I actually did wash the shop rags and put stuff in the freezer. When I was in college we cooked pizza in a parts warming cabinet in the engine shop and the teacher got pissed! Does that count? :)

bitten

Come on guys, dont you know that you are supposed to do these things when she isnt home.

Better to ask for forgiveness than for permission.