Sign in to follow this  
wp205a

Gravely 812

wp205a

Here's another one I can get for free. The PTO is shot, the tractor has 0 eye appeal. The owners' uncle is a Gravely dealer and says the PTO repair is cost prohibitive. Comments? My gut feeling is pass. It does have a big Kohler.post-8412-0-22322700-1358819161_thumb.jp

TT

The big Kohler is worthless in it's entirety unless you want it for another Gravely. To use it on a Wheel Horse you'd have to install a different crankshaft.

I hear him loud & clear on the PTO fix...... that's a major job.

I would get it just for the common parts.

posifour11

I'm a weirdo. I'd be all over free. It doesn't have to stay in it's present form. I'd think of something to do with it.

rustyoldjunk

I would have had it home before he changed his mind.Gravely's are built very very heavy duty.Imagine the traction it has with the engine in the rear.Great for a sleeve hitch and garden work or what heavy loads do you want to drag around?

wp205a

Thanks guys, I do hate to pass up free. It is ugly though.

VinsRJ

Collect it for free and then post it on CL for $150... settle for a $100 and buy something else for $100/free. :happy-jumpeveryone:

• Like 1

Kelly

I parted one out for VERY good money.

• Like 1

tractornut86

Actually the Kohler motor will fit on a Wheel Horse. The 800 series tractors had a straight crank on them. The tractor is still in good enough condition that would be well worth putting a PTO in. Personally I would rather use a Gravely then a Wheel Horse.

• Like 1

wp205a

The Gravely survived a tornado, I guess I should save it from the scrap yard. Will need advice on what's wrong with the PTO, I don't need another non mower. Edited by wp205a

TT

Actually the Kohler motor will fit on a Wheel Horse. The 800 series tractors had a straight crank on them.

My mistake - I was thinking of the ones with the stubby crank machined for the drive gear. :banghead:

• Like 1

wp205a

#1 son and I have decided to save it. Thanks everybody.

• Like 1