Sign in to follow this  
Ken B

So I did a little horse tradin...

Wheel-N-It

I need to try something new. There is a row of tall pine trees that border my front yard, and they produce alot of falling pine needles and pine cones. I like to keep the area there clean and groomed so in order to do that I have to keep all that stuff raked up, loaded in a trailer and hauled back in the woods and dumped. Its time consuming and labor intensive. I want grass growing in that area, not a layer of pine needles. And I need a simpler, less stressful way to get the same end result. Hence my idea of using a RD mower deck and a lawn sweeper. I hear the good lawn sweepers clean the lawn area really well. I am open for suggestions as to what lawn sweepers have worked well for some of you following this thread. Which ones are good at picking up pine cones and pine needles, not just grass clippings?

glgrumpy

Pine cones easy pick-up. Needles not so well. Would think with low to ground brush setting that just skims surface it might work if they were dry needles. But that same settin would be too low for grass then. Think Dry would be best word here for it too work.

And everything gets sticky when working with pines, so clean-up might be hard to do, needing thinner to cut the sticky residue.

Wheel-N-It

I'll borrow one from a friend first to see how it works. Thanks Gig for your input. Speaking of dry, it does get really dry here most Summers. Hopefully this comination of RD Deck and tow behind sweeper will work. I really don't want to buy a Cyclone Rake of some kind of equivalent. I'd rather spend that money on another Wheel Horse!

roscoemi

My C-121 has a 36" rd and pulled a cheap sweeper thru pines for about 20 years and did a good job. Get the broom ht set right and forget it. It will pick up walnuts and sticks at the same time. :happy-jumpeveryone:

Wheel-N-It

Hey Great! Maybe for a few hundred bucks, I can save myself alot of time consuming labor. I know theres got to be a better way than what I'm doing now.:)

CRE1992

Ken I have a sweeper. Might be up for sale or trade :eusa-think: . I used it when I had my 416H with a rear discharge deck. Works great.

jdog_kustoms

I have 2 wheel horse sweepers that I'm willing to sell

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2