Sign in to follow this  
Ken B

So I did a little horse tradin...

Ken B

I did some Horse tradin with good buddy Stevebo. I was wanting a real clean tractor so I can leave my 520 at my Dads house for the mowing season. This super mint original 85 310-8 will be the one I cut the grass at my house with. It runs like new, I seriously doubt if it even has 200 hrs on it. My son Cole is already hinting that he'd really like to add it to his collection. I'm gonna take real good care of it.

002-21.jpg

003-19.jpg

005-12.jpg

• Like 1

MaineDad

Wow that is clean! Should make a nice mower.

Wishin4a416

Really clean machine. Should get years of service yet.

squonk

Tonite on Speed Channel The 1st annual Barrett/Jackson Wheel Horse Auction live from Danbury CT. :ychain: :ychain:

• Like 1

chazm

SWEET !!! :handgestures-thumbupright:

Jake Kuhn

Very nice ken!!!

stevebo

All I have to say is this...

• photo-1562.jpg?_r=0
  • Supporter
  • rssupporter.jpg
  • 2,466 posts
  • 9 thanks

Member No: 1562

• LocationDanbury, CT.

Posted Today, 04:11 PM

snapback.pngKen B, on 25 July 2011 - 10:28 PM, said:

Its a keeper for sure? Somehow I think in sometime it'll be headin on down the road! :ROTF: It is kinda clean. You gotta at least lose them front tires Chief.

I found this old thread and I couldn't resist bringing it back! Are you sure its a keeper? :ychain:

Kevbo

Nice!! So in 85 did they all have red front ends with grey side stickers?

Tankman

Gorgeous machine! My '85 416-8 and the '88 414-8 are both all red, no black. Decals are red w/ gray (like your

Horse in the background).

The '90 520-8 I just picked up, all red. Decals are black, include the Toro name.

Again, nice lookin' Stallion you picked up! :)

PS. Looks like you might have a steering column issue (?).

Kevbo

Thanks Tankman very interesting!

TT

My '85 416-8 and the '88 414-8 are both all red, no black. Decals are red w/ gray (like your

The '90 520-8 I just picked up, all red. Decals are black, include the Toro name.

The black they are referring to is the black mask around the grille area and the upper part of the hoodstand assembly.

Ken B

Gorgeous machine! My '85 416-8 and the '88 414-8 are both all red, no black. Decals are red w/ gray (like your

Again, nice lookin' Stallion you picked up! :)

PS. Looks like you might have a steering column issue (?).

I've owned a few of this style tractor thru the yrs and I've come acoss a few where the black plastic tube that goes around the steering shaft has come loose. Minor. I'll figure something out too secure it. My brother drove it today and he agrees with what I thought, its the tightest and smoothest riding tractor either one of us has ever owned. Thanks much Steve!

Ken B

Tonite on Speed Channel The 1st annual Barrett/Jackson Wheel Horse Auction live from Danbury CT. :ychain: :ychain:

If I can make enough too retire early then why not! I might be willing to auction off my 633! Keepin the others... :ychain:

• Like 1

Sparky

The title says you did some "Horse Trading". So what did Steve end up with :scratchead: in the trade ?

Nice looking, clean unmolested machine!

Mike............

VinsRJ

The title says you did some "Horse Trading". So what did Steve end up with :scratchead: in the trade ?

Mike............

Just what I was thinking Mike... or was it arm and a leg?

Wheel-N-It

Mike............

That is one fine 310 you got Ken. What size and kind of deck are you planning to run on it???

Also like Mike ask.......... What did Steve end up with???

Ken B

Steve wound up getting a log splitter that I got via a Wheel Horse trade. Great deal for both of us.

I have a very nice 42 inch rear discharge deck to use on the 310. I'd prefer a side discharge deck though.

KC9KAS

That is a very nice looking machine you have!

Wheel-N-It

Yeah, sounds like the both of you came out good on the trading. I think I may have to get a splitter in the next few years. For now though I'm still splitting firewood the old fashioned way.

Let me know how you like the 42" rear discharge. I have one that I plan to use with the C125, and tow a pull behind sweeper. I would not use it everey time I mow the lawn, but often enough to keep the lawn clean.

fireman

Ken I had been eyeing that tractor for a while. Just didn't want to cough up the cash and I really didn't have anything to trade Steve for it. Maybe down the road I'll end up getting it from you!

855ownerJoel

First nice looking tractor.... Second, for those talking about rear discharge decks, I love mine and they are great for cleaning up and do not clog if the lawn gets away from you when you get back from vacation or getaway... Lovin mine, and would take one for all my tractors.

squonk

I love my RD deck too. I put a rubber flap on the back to keep grass off the hydro. Works good.

Ken B

It has been a real long time since I've used a rear discharge deck for any length of time. As Forrest Gumpy as it may sound, I like watching the grass clippings shoot out the side! When they shoot out the rear I don't feel like I'm doing anything other than ridin around. The 42 inch rear discharge deck I have is super nice so I'll have to give it a try.

Wheel-N-It

Thanks everybody for the feedback on Rear Discharge Decks. I plan to put some kind of extension on the rear to keep clippings from sticking to various places on the C125. I have never used a RD before, so I am really looking forward to seeing the results of that plus the sweeper.

Ken B

Hey now there is something I never thought of, a sweeper! A sweeper would probably work real nice at Dads house behind the rear discharge deck....