Sign in to follow this  
btm1970

off is on and on is off on my 1054

btm1970

im finishing up on my 1054 mower. the key switch up and down is on and it turned sideways is off. is this normal. or just turn the switch and turning the key left is on. the issue is, you cant take the key out when its off. its wired perfectly to the manual. any productive thoughts would help.post-8341-0-08365800-1358386444.jpg

• Like 4

Jeremy Watson

WOW that is looks great. Sorry I can't answer your question. Welcome aboard!

Jeremy

Jake Kuhn

Sorry I can't answer your question. But WOW is that tractor looking awesome! :bow-blue: I sure wish I could be restoring one of those now. ~Jake

smoreau

Sounds like the wrong ignition switch. Did you replace it? sounds like a mag switch that is open when turned on and closed with it off.

• Like 1

Martin

yep, totally agree with scott. i had the same issue when i bought my 1054. replaced with a battery ignition switch and problem fixed. one other thing was i had a external resistor coil on mine (with no resistor) and if the key was removed (ignition on) that coil got very very hot.......

replace the switch and your problems will be over, just make sure you get a switch for a battery ignition......

that 1054 of yours looks very nice.

Edited by Martin
  • Like 1

btm1970

thanks, it came with a light switch as an on and off. my dad picked up the new key switch up for me. i was just a standard two pole key switch. yes, with the key removed the coil will fry. will get the battery ignition. thanks again

• Like 1

Lane Ranger

Post some more photos of your 1054 restore project! I know you will have a lot of Red Square fans to see the quality work you are doing!

• Like 1

855ownerJoel

WOW restore looks great, mine is in pieces right now and getting sand blasted. Hope mine looks as good as yours.

btm1970

855ownerjoel, be ready for lots of pit filling and wet sanding. installed the grill this afternoon.

post-8341-0-87487700-1358471982_thumb.jp