Sign in to follow this  
876wheelhorse

c141 filter number another prob simple fix?

876wheelhorse

ok this c141 is just about to get listed on craigslist.... this weeks problem hydro lift will go up and down maybe 5-6 times then its done. this thing will go and go and go. it is just the lift that is messing up now. so if anyone can give me a part number for a filter and what kind of fluid to use that would be awesome. i believe i was told there is motor oil in there now for fluid......thank

only doing fluid change because possibly may be a piece of dirt in filter causing this thanks

squonk

Napa 1410 filter and 10w 30 Mobil 1

• Like 1

876wheelhorse

thanks do you think that may be problem dirt in filter?

squonk

I doubt it. If it was dirt or plugged filter It wouldn't move either. May be dirt in your control valve for the lift

Kelly

Could be a bad O ring in the lift valve, letting oil past it and not putting pressure where it should be, it will be a internal leak not on the outside.

876wheelhorse

well ill save my money then and not change it. maybe i will see whats it worth to you guys. i will have to buy some used tires as im not letting my ags go with it......

Kevin Bowley

easy fix...high pressure implement relief is stuck/sticking open...one cap bolt, couple shims, spring and the check valve come out very easy with a magnet...clean it VERY well with some brake cleaner and install parts in reverse order...done. take the seat pan off for easy access...1-2 hrs and shes good to go.

876wheelhorse

well simple fix to someone that has seen it done. i dont believe im going to mess with it. i will find another horse. ill just have to come up with a price id like out of this. hate to see it torn apart.