Wishin4a416

160 Project

Wishin4a416

I have the same problem as some of you other fellows have. A cold garage and 2 vehicles in it and 4 tractors.

So I have been doing the smaller stuff at work so I can move forward. Everything has been blasted, I do that at lunch time, and primed and painted.I stay after work for awhile and paint. I have a hood over the work table for contact cement fumes and it is great for painting.Next I think I will do the front and mid mount Tach-a-matics.

Not much to show for a weeks work, I no, but at least moving forward.

Using Rustoleum Regal Red. Its gonna take me a long time to complete.

I need to keep this a roller for awhile yet.

IMG_1717.jpg

• Like 2

Dieselcowboy

You will make me want to paint my c160H. That looks great.

Do you have a before picture of the tractor?

whc160

Looks like you are getting a good start. :handgestures-thumbupright:

I have the same problem as you. Unheated garage & it is full. I hope to move in the next few years so I can have a larger garage that is heated.

Wishin4a416

Yes I do Dieselcowboy.

Needs a lot of work but thats half the fun.

IMG_1708_zps882da748.jpg

squonk

Wow a racin steering wheel!! :) :auto-swerve:

KC9KAS

Your fresh paint looks nice. Keep us updated!

Jake Kuhn

Looking very nice! :handgestures-thumbup:

Ken B

I have a large work shop all to myself where I work. I also work on parts and what not at lunch time, and on the weekends. I refurbed this Economy tractor in the shop at work. The Boss loved it! Your tractor is coming along nicely!

securedownload-7.jpg

securedownloadc.jpg

• Like 2

Wishin4a416

Ken B. You did a very nice job on the tractor. Looks great!

Wishin4a416

A little more progress this week. Got some more of the smaller parts done that I could shuttle to and from work.

I'll have to get in the garage tomorrow and pull some more for next week.

At least I'm moving forward during this cold season.

IMG_1726.jpg

massey

Looking good so far, keep the pics coming.

Whmaverick

Looks great so far jack, can I ask, for everybody, what paint your using? Thanks.

Wishin4a416

Thanks Keith! All paint has been Rustoleum so far. Rattle cans. When I get to the bigger sheet metal, I will blow it on with the gun and use hardener.

Regal Red, Canvas White and Steel are the colors used.

Looks great so far jack, can I ask, for everybody, what paint your using? Thanks.

Whmaverick

Looking forward to seeing the progress.

Wishin4a416

I know Keith. Things have really slowed down. Real busy at work last week with the cold spell and way to cold in my Garage. A Deer hit the Daughters SUV and I just picked up a Door and Fender after work today so will have to get them on sometime. The only thing I have got done lately is the front Tach-a- matic and am currently working on the belt guard.

I need warm weather. Cant wait to get to the meat and potatoes on this thing but I have to keep it a roller awhile yet until I can keep a vehicle out.

IMG_1740.jpg

dbartlett1958

I know Keith. Things have really slowed down. Real busy at work last week with the cold spell and way to cold in my Garage. A Deer hit the Daughters SUV and I just picked up a Door and Fender after work today so will have to get them on sometime. The only thing I have got done lately is the front Tach-a- matic and am currently working on the belt guard.

I need warm weather. Cant wait to get to the meat and potatoes on this thing but I have to keep it a roller awhile yet until I can keep a vehicle out.

IMG_1740.jpg

A Deer hit the Daughters SUV

I hate it when that happens. Why can't the deer stay in the Deer Crossing areas?

Wishin4a416

IMG_1740.jpg

A Deer hit the Daughters SUV

I hate it when that happens. Why can't the deer stay in the Deer Crossing areas?

Yep, what wrong with them critters? Good thing she didnt hit it head on or would have totaled the car and who knows how she would have made out. It came down off a steep bank after dark and right into her drivers door.

• Like 1

groundhog47

Ken B. You did a very nice job on the tractor. Looks great!

Totally agree, that is a beauty! And wishin4a... that is some extremely nice work you are doin' there, bet it to will be a beauty!

Whmaverick

Wow! Jack, the detail work your doing is amazing. I can appreciate the effort, I've been restoring antique farm tractors for years and now doing the same peice by piece detail work on wheel horse. Way nicer than the quick no detail liquid restorations I see to often. Love the pics thanks for sharing with us your work is appreciated. Keith,

Wishin4a416

Thanks Keith. I sometimes think I put to much time in the details. I dont know that I will have the patience to continue with the detail as I progress..

I would like to have this thing done when the weather breaks and I can spray the sheet metal.

I did a car 20 years ago and assisted on 2 others and I shutter to think about the man hours I spent doing it.

I took this

scan0001_zpsed1a6d68.jpg

to this

car.jpg

I was a lot younger then and it was a labor of love. It was a joy to do it but I never want to do it again. Garden tractors are more my size now.

• Like 3

Whmaverick

Wow, nice work, I feel the same way, restored some cars and trucks when I was younger too, now just antique tractors and wh's. but the rewards of a job well done are great.

KATO

Very nice work !! on both counts :bow-blue:

Wishin4a416

Another batch of small parts done this week. One of these days I will get the Kohler pulled and the Dash/Steering tower off and get to work on the Transaxle.

No snow to plow like the members in the N.E. but my garage is to dern cold. A friend at work who is a puller brought me in a muffler off of one of his spare engines and it cleaned up real nice. He is bringing me a seat next week.

IMG_1764_zpse311143b.jpg

• Like 1

Wishin4a416

Finally some warm weather here and the garage warmed up. Went to work on tearing this thing apart. What a greasy mess but that might have kept some of the rust at bay. Next I will get the rest of the tower off and get to work on pulling the hubs. I want to change all the tranny seals. I am going to need help on the wiring. Some of it was molested bad.

IMG_1765_zps09c63066.jpg

IMG_1769_zps3040ad72.jpg

Wishin4a416

Whew are these hubs pulling hard. Never moved since 77 I guess. Think I'll wait until tomorrow to tackle the other one. Got it soaking good.

IMG_1775_zpsa58ab5d1.jpg

IMG_1779_zps7798b829.jpg

• Like 1