Sign in to follow this  
WHEEL HORSE BILL

wheel horse model 264-6

WHEEL HORSE BILL

I went this morning to pick up a model 264-6 and it was junk.The hood was in my hand when I lifted it off the tractor.seat was junk snow blower was wicked junk for sure.Just somthing I wouldn't want laying around for a while.

"o" well somtimes they are good and somtime they are to far gone.I was not happy this morning trying to get the trailer from the back yard in all this snow.

TT

That's the main reason I stick to "Classic" garden tractors with horizontal-shaft engines.

KATO

Too bad you went to that trouble for nothing. :banghead:

Like TT said the oldies are the goodies.

WHEEL HORSE BILL

Yup I'll just still to the oldies for sure.

JimmyJam

Well guys my first exposure to Wheel Horse was my purchase of this model: 1994 Toro/Wheel Horse 264-6. I bought it not running, but it included all the attachments I wanted.

With the help of these members of Redsquare and $150 in parts and plenty of hours of labor and cussing, I have it up and running and is a good snow plow worker. Of coarse, in the meantime, I've picked up 3 more Wheel Horse tractors! ....Yes, I have been bitten!

The 14hp Kohler Magnum is a decent motor...it's just that Toro didn't do Wheel Horse justice with all the plastic (brittle/breakable) body parts!

TT

Toro didn't do Wheel Horse justice with all the plastic (brittle/breakable) body parts!

But....... the object of the game is to not run into things. :eusa-whistle:

Brings to mind a Larry the Cable Guy saying:

If they can blame McDonalds for making people fat, then I can blame misspelled words on my pencil. :hilarious:

• Like 1

JimmyJam

True Terry! Unfortunately the hoods take most of the abuse, especially when PO leave them outside and instead of lifting the hood from the sides where the latches are, they lift the hood by the air-foil on top....and ooops brittle plastic junks break off. They continue to leave them outside and everything turns into a solid rust.To replace the hood from Toro is at a price of $400. I do see them on ebay for $100.

Just sayin'! Okay...maybe it isn't Toro...maybe it's people who are care-less about their equipment!