Sign in to follow this  
hcminis

First Time Plowing with Suburban

hcminis

Well, this is the first time I have plowed with a Wheel Horse since 1989. Father-in-law is a Pastor and had a plow truck that was stored at my house. Sold the church and didn't need the plow truck any more. Used to plow with my Dad's Horse when I was younger. My little Suburban did a nice job. We have a fairly long circle drive that is paved. The so called blizzard we had couple weeks ago didn't leave much for plowing. Only took 45 minutes to clear the drive that day. Used the duals for plowing that day. The snow storm we had last Friday was heavier and more abundant. Took 1:45 to clear the drive last Saturday. Had to take duals off and put chains / weights on for that plow job. Had so much fun that I cleared 4 other drive ways for free. Plus, they were elderly people so was doing my good dead for the day.

post-1864-0-35192900-1357328061.jpg

post-1864-0-63760100-1357328073.jpg

post-1864-0-54311800-1357328084.jpg

post-1864-0-85939600-1357328091.jpg

• Like 2

oldredrider

I'm willing to bet that seat got cold!

specialwheelhorse

It's amazing what these little tractors will do.

They are sure much more than a toy !!!

Jake Kuhn

Looks like it did a great job. I need to put the plow on my black 401 that I plow with duals on. Just haven't gotten to it when I have two other plow tractors and there hasn't been any snow yet! Can't wait for some snow here.

3609horse

Thats a nice looking tractor, it makes me laugh when I see other people buying big horse power box store tractors that won't do what yours will.

This proves size doesn't matter, it might take awhile longer but they still get the job done and I bet they don't have as much fun as you, Gene...

• Like 1

wallfish

Now you need to find that pedal so you can index the blade from the seat.

• Like 1

hcminis

Seat wasn't bad at all but had Carhardt bibs and several layers on. Funny how when the little Horse started to get stuck....just put my feet on the ground like Fred Flintstone and away we went. Neighbor down the street had a 4x4 Kubota with blade and was spinning all four tires trying to push the side walk. Just laughed when I went by...wife said "what is so funny" My response..."all that money and can't push a little snow".

• Like 3

stevasaurus

Real nice looking suburban...still waiting for that first snow here so I can join in the fun. Size doesn't mater.... :woohoo:

• Like 1

fourwheels0

i'm hoping to have my suburban back together tomorrow.

i'm dying to get some snow so i can see what it will do.

krazy_horse

Nice looking Suburban and thanks for helping the old people!! krazy_horse

welderman85

great looking tractor i cant wait to get snow to play some

dclarke

Dewayne, that's a nice looking suburban. I bet it's fun to push snow with it.

855ownerJoel

Wheel Horse power nothing like it, and yeah I would imagine that the duals are better being off for snow removal. Back on the farm we only ran duals when we needed floatation on wetter property not for general work. And, I agree it is tough not helping neighbors when having fun on the horse! If it was needing to shovel it is a lot less tempting helping out..... Thank God for Wheel Horses!

WheelHorse_of_course

Now THAT's what I like to see :cool::thumbs2: .

jrfan

nice suburban cant wait to get mine done this spring