Sign in to follow this  
Kevbo

Just picked up B-80 $20!!

Kevbo

Had a guy email me that the previous owner left behind a wheel horse and wanted it off his property! $20...I was so excited! Here she is:

A6882EA5-4098-4DFA-8098-D279DA1425D5-3616-000004D28245C3DC.jpg

54C9672D-B183-46CB-9068-CA109E3E9EA3-3616-000004D2969B8F85.jpg

D205A04B-9CF3-475D-8B61-92A0FA4121FD-3616-000004D2A25109D4.jpg

F95E4BA4-8749-497C-888E-09346D45A70F-3616-000004D2AA84135F.jpg

F1161BF2-C06A-46F3-9345-676FEF111B32-3616-000004D2B18A6350.jpg

77C6E4B5-74FF-4F6B-AB82-19828B663B03-3616-000004D2B886C09C.jpg

BD72F0B0-99F9-4270-9048-97A3E4C8404C-3616-000004D2BE5040B8.jpg

• Like 1

AMC RULES

NICE! :handgestures-thumbsup: Hard to beat that price.

KC9KAS

Very good price. Shouldn't take too much to get it going.

Kevbo

There is gas in the tank however it appears brown...the pistons move by hand and the original owner said it works so we'll see!

*piston (singular) lol

Kelly

This is the one you were asking what it was, right? for $20 the question should have been what did I get?? nice score.

• Like 1

Kevbo

Yep Kelly this is the same one. Finally picked it up!

Jake Kuhn

Nice deal!!! :handgestures-thumbup:

Kevbo

This is the tractor I plan on learning how to strip and restore :handgestures-thumbupright: piece by piece!

Kelly

It will be a good learner tractor to tear apart, it is a pretty simple one, and you can still get parts fairly cheap for them.

Hammerhead

Pretty nice tractor for $20.00! Great deal and a Kohler to boot! :popcorn: KJ

Iggy68

Very nice score! It should be a fun one to work on.

dclarke

Can't beat that with a stick....Nice score. :thumbs:

Terry M

Nice Find!, I always LIked the B-80. And you can't beat a price like that!!!!

glgrumpy

Neat! I like those B-80's myself. Thought I had seen that picture before! I see you have same chinese ramps I just bought. They work OK? Kinda short for pick-up on level tho. Was it hard to push up or use a come-along or ? I have a ditch to park in to load/unload but still need some ramps for that. That was my biggest reason to get them. Do they wanna tip easy being narrow? Stay on taigate w/out sliding?

Take pix before tear-down of details. You WILL forget! I had most trouble with the throttle connection to governor and there is a channel on side of gas tank support that I couldn't figure out how went back on. Finally got info and pix from guys here to get back together. A GOOD restoration is when there is NO leftover parts! :ychain:

ericj

come on gigrumpy, when you have parts left over means you did something right, right LOL :laughing-rofl:

eric

Kevbo

Neat! I like those B-80's myself. Thought I had seen that picture before! I see you have same chinese ramps I just bought. They work OK? Kinda short for pick-up on level tho. Was it hard to push up or use a come-along or ? I have a ditch to park in to load/unload but still need some ramps for that. That was my biggest reason to get them. Do they wanna tip easy being narrow? Stay on taigate w/out sliding?

Take pix before tear-down of details. You WILL forget! I had most trouble with the throttle connection to governor and there is a channel on side of gas tank support that I couldn't figure out how went back on. Finally got info and pix from guys here to get back together. A GOOD restoration is when there is NO leftover parts! :ychain:

The ramps work pretty good at level, the only problem is when there is a deck attached. Then we have to lift up a little on the tractor to clear the end of the bed. Otherwise, they have moved a ton of tractors and are pretty convienent to move around. As long as you position them right in line with the middle of the front wheels, and hold the steering straight you will have no problem with the tractor getting "off course". They stay on the bed very well as the weight of the tractor keeps them down. Usually once the tractor is lined up and moving up the ramps they never move. This B-80 was rather hard to move up the ramps...it took three of us! The bearing might not have moved in a while and the rear left wheel kinda dragged...sadly the tires were low as well and three couldn't be inflated because they didnt let any air in from the portable air tank (maybe rust)? That will probably some point be a thread in itself trying to figure out how to get air in the tires hehe

Sparky

Yep, cant go wrong at that price. Looking forward to hearing that you got her running!

Mike.........

Kevbo

I'll keep everyone updated on this tractor once I start working on it (probably this weekend). Since I do plan on doing a full restore, when that happends I'll start a new thread because I am definetly going to need all of your help! (I don't entirely know where to start, just take pictures and remove parts to clean and inspect...)

groundhog47

Can't beat that with a stick....Nice score. :thumbs:

DOUBLE DITTO :text-yeahthat:

Wheel-N-It

Dude you are ONE LUCKY DOG!!!! either that or you are really living right!

AND YOU GOT THE KEY TOO :beer:

BOWTIE

KEVBO, LOOKS COMPLETE WHAT YEAR IS IT 74 OR 75? IF YOU NEED ANY PICTURES OR HAVE QUESTIONS LET ME KNOW.

BOWTIE IN OHIO

Kevbo

KEVBO, LOOKS COMPLETE WHAT YEAR IS IT 74 OR 75? IF YOU NEED ANY PICTURES OR HAVE QUESTIONS LET ME KNOW.

BOWTIE IN OHIO

I am unsure of the year? I'm sure I'll be in contact with you though when I start the restore :handgestures-thumbupright: :thanks:

Kelly

Pushing hard might be water in the trans, well this time of year ICE in the trans.

Kevbo

Pushing hard might be water in the trans, well this time of year ICE in the trans.

Interesting...thanks Kelly!

jcg1112

Nice score and great price! Still trying to figure out why I don't come across those kind of deals. Lol.