Sign in to follow this  
47JDG

Value of this 633?

47JDG

Hi guys,

I am near here and have really enjoyed looking over this forum for the past couple of weeks. I recently picked up a really nice C81 for a steal (all it needed was a starter and fuel). I picked it up as a project but as it turned out it was not much of a project. Now that I have that one all ready for work it has me looking for another one to tinker with over the winter. I have a chance to pick this 633 up. He says the motor turns over. It is about 50 miles from me and I am curious what you guys think its worth. I know it has a Kohler K141 and parts are kind of scarce for them. I figure if nothing else this tractor would be good trade barter for something newer. I know its a collectible and the hood, fenders, seat, steeringpost-8921-0-17984800-1353860884_thumb.jppost-8921-0-32437200-1353860919_thumb.jppost-8921-0-85495400-1353860932_thumb.jppost-8921-0-99897500-1353860944_thumb.jppost-8921-0-35699600-1353860957_thumb.jppost-8921-0-67613500-1353860976_thumb.jp wheel, fuel tank, dash, all look original and straight. What do you guys say? All replies are welcome.

• Like 1

TT

I'd offer $100 and see where it gets you. :confusion-shrug:

It's definitely worth more in pieces than it is whole, but that's not how a species is preserved. :disgust:

• Like 2

AMC RULES

Looks pretty solid and complete...a nice one to bring back from the dead.

Like Terry said, lots of money in parts sitting there.

Jeremy Watson

Welcome to Red Square! Glad to have another West Michigander aboard.

Can't help you out on a value, but it looks cool. Not sure what that big pulley is for. Good luck!

Jeremy

47JDG

That is what I figured. I can get it for $100 or best. I knew it had to be worth more than that in parts.

AMC RULES

Yeah, for $100...I'd be leaving the house right now. :)

post-3498-0-39935300-1353863147_thumb.jp

Edited by #1 WHEELHO
  • Like 2

47JDG

Thanks for the replies guys. I am going to check it out this week.

fourwheels0

that big pully is for pull starting it.

the dual wheel adapters alone are worth more than $100

Kelly

I'd go $100, if you don't get it for some reason let me know I might be interested I'm in MI also.

47JDG

Sounds like I better get it then. I am going to check it out on Tuesday, just talked to the guy on the phone. If anyone else has anything more to ad feel free. I will keep checking back here to learn more about it and what its worth. I look forward to talking with you guys about it more :) Thanks again.

TT

that big pully is for pull starting it.

the dual wheel adapters alone are worth more than $100

A 633 is supposed to have a recoil starter:

633.jpg

It's hard to tell why that giant ugly pulley is there.

I can't even tell what spacers are on there, but OEM replicas can be built for $30 or less.

welderman85

i would say 100.00 i to am in MI welcome

KC9KAS

:WRS:

can whlvr

for 100 id allready own it,oh and welcome to red square

• Like 1

Jake Kuhn

I would think you could pay 100-200 and do well on it. I am also located in west michigan and if you did decide to part it out let me know. Thanks, Jake

rydogg

I agree with the group here $100-$150 is about the top dollar. Also as TT said with a welder and a little time you could make up the dual spacers pretty easily out of scrap, my 604 has a pair of homemade ones that were copied from a picture of the factory ones.

Ken B

I'd offer $100 and see where it gets you. :confusion-shrug:

It's definitely worth more in pieces than it is whole, but that's not how a species is preserved. :disgust:

I agree with TT. I'm trying to bring a 633 back myself and I could use some of them parts but I'd rather see you bring it back.

JUSS10

Welcome to redsquare! I too am from west michigan. $100 seems a good place to start but I would be willing to pay a little more... Not to add to the list but I would also be interested if you pass. I'm in the holland area, not sure where you are.

Edited by JUSS10

47JDG

I live near Ionia, between Grand Rapids and Lansing. If I get it and decide its not something I want to mess with I will sell it as a whole. I don't really have any interest in parting one out and trying to sell parts and be left with a carcuss sitting out back. I am not a parts guy scrapper type. I would also be interested in trades if I went that route. It sounds like I can recover my money plus the cost of fuel to get it, so I feel I have nothing to lose with it.

• Like 1

JUSS10

I'm glad to hear you aren't a scrapper or one to part it out! I've only parted out one round hood and thats because it was missing half the parts. What was left went into others of mine to bring them back to life.

Hope you can land a good deal on it and can get it up and running! If not, let me know, i may have one to trade.

Justin

bowtieguy

100 bucks?...I've spent more and got less.....haven't we all??....you better go get it before all your MI buddies get there first!

KC9KAS

Just saw a 633 on Ebay, and they were asking $250 with a 10hp Tecky installed....Oh, and they cut the hood to make it fit.

JUSS10

The kEy word there is "asking" not "getting" I think Everyone is right about the $100 starting price. See what happens from there

TT

Y'all saw that one of mine up there ^^^^^^^^

I paid $150 for it and a 32" mower deck - in running / working condition.

47JDG

It is starting to sound that more realistically all it is really worth is $100 - $150. Curious, from a parts perspective, what is it worth parted from what you guys can see? I am not saying this is what I am going to do. I just want to know what its worth or what parts of it are worth. I have to justify getting this thing and know that it holds some dollar value, hopefully more than I would have into it. Thanks