Sign in to follow this  
varosd

moving nonrunning tractor/hydro lift/implements

varosd

Silly question but this is my first year with the hydro lift equipped 520. As the Winter sets in and I have the 48 plow on the 520, most folks have advised to move the rig to the outside to cool down the snowblade and start up with the hydro disconnected, once warmed up and all the juices flowing, engage the hydro and go. how does everyone move their rig outside since the implements are left in the down position at rest. :confusion-questionmarks:

I can't start up inside the garage due to fumes and sleeping 'yard apes' above the garage.

plus with the rubber tire chains on the 520 is a bit reluctant being pushed. perhaps a fabbed furniture dolley with casters that are not fixed, to rest the blade on?

The Frau wasn't too thrilled when I suggested she can lift up on the snowblade as I pushed from behind (ah, behind the tractor that is).

the snowthrower will be on the good old B-80 with wheel weights.

:occasion-xmas:

• Like 1

Kelly

It sounds like you just need to leave it outside, and cover with a tarp, I know most of my 520's will not even move for the first 2-5 min.(depending on temp) of running, and most of them will not lift the attachments in that time, mine in the winter are in the barn I open the door start them and walk away, in that time I do some shovel work around doors and such that I can't get to with the tractor.

• Like 1

312Hydro

I pretty much used to do what Kelly said.I started the 312h when it was outside with the hydro disconnected. Once the engine warmed up a bit I engaged the hydro drive and let it warm up before moving it. It stays in the garage now though.Just my :twocents-twocents: .

varosd

LOL my wife would it if my WH's were outside.... ALL the time!

not gonna happen!

gonna try the dolly with casters

why are casters so expensive????

Wheel-N-It

Can you erect one of the portable shelters where you live? I saw them at TSC yesterday. I think a 12 x 12 was something like 200 dollars. They had a 10 x 10 but I did not check the price, but of course it is probably not as expensive. Here those things hold up pretty good, but I'm not sure about where you live due to the the much greater amount of snow you get.

AMC RULES

The best of both worlds...outside, but not.

post-3498-0-49900900-1353863939_thumb.jp

post-3498-0-55909700-1353864107_thumb.jp

varosd

The best of both worlds...outside, but not.

Argrghhh!! Attack of the giant tree!!

Craig, is there a Javelin in there somewhere? Love your WH stable told the wife I need a 2 car storage shed with power on a slab for xmas. I really want to see that happen!

Can you erect one of the portable shelters where you live? I saw them at TSC yesterday. I think a 12 x 12 was something like 200 dollars. They had a 10 x 10 but I did not check the price, but of course it is probably not as expensive. Here those things hold up pretty good, but I'm not sure about where you live due to the the much greater amount of snow you get.

they do make some pretty heavy duty tarp like shelters. probably snow is less of a problem compared to UV damage think about how intense the NC Summer sun is !!!!

AMC RULES

Don, that shed the best little :wh: score I've made to date...$700 delivered, and placed...

worth every minute I spent scouring the CL ads for it.

You would be suprised the red stuff that fits it there. :thumbs:

post-3498-0-39572000-1353869936_thumb.jp

post-3498-0-04652000-1353870053_thumb.jp

• Like 1

varosd

was it used or a new item? either way delivered for 700 good deal! I had a wired shed in NC but no basement and here in PA...no shed but have nice finished basement so its a toss up.

Don, that shed the best little :wh: score I've made to date...$700 delivered, and placed...

worth every minute I spent scouring the CL ads for it.

You would be suprised the red stuff that fits it there. :thumbs:

plus it was already :wh: RED!!!! ^_^

AMC RULES

It was used, a trade in that happened to be sitting on new shed sales lot.

A rare occasion when I happend to be in the right place at the :wh: right time.

They're out there, if you're looking. :scared-eek:

baerpath

When you get done rest the plow on a 4x4 / 2x4 then when you take it out it will stay up to push it outside.

varosd

Thanks Duane! I was always keeping the ST up off the garage floor after using it with the B-80. this would let the snow drip off. I'll try the same technique with the snow blade with the hydro lift. that's if we get anything worthwhile this year! :hide:

Sparky

I'll try the same technique with the snow blade with the hydro lift. that's if we get anything worthwhile this year! :hide:

I bet you find the hydraulics let the blade down after awhile. You might remove the block of wood to find the blade just plops to the floor.

Mike.........

baerpath

Could but worked for me it would do down slowly after taking the block out. Enough to push it outside pobobly depend on how good the valve is

can whlvr

make a small peice of chain that hooks to the plow lift bracket and then a hook to the frame,pull the plow up or leave it on the 2x4,chain it temporary,push her out side and release the chain,which can be done when the hydro lift pulls her up,the chain will slacken so you can remove it

• Like 2