Kevbo

My 414-8 (just bought!)

Kevbo

Hi everyone I just joined the forum because I just have purchased a used 414-8 from a local lawnmower shop for $800 and would love to show you!

Does anyone have any more info about the 414-8? I was told that it is very durable with a heavy duty rear and a full cast iron engine/flywheel. I live on quite the steep hill so this tractor was very appealing as I have burned up some cheap tractors that used hydrostatics in the past. However, I do also own a 212-H that I use to mow my extremely steep front bank and the hydro on that is still going! Enjoy the pictures! I just waxed it :D

5CE0BB4E-1EDA-48BF-AD91-8ABD7F8D39C5-3759-0000027CF01A760A.jpg

854C1112-2D4E-474E-A17B-4047656C35C4-3759-0000027CEB92F385.jpg

855AD68B-7261-4837-9A1F-1E3EF53633D0-3759-0000027CE4A01B59.jpg

6BEC53D0-B8E4-4B28-AB1C-DB1BBF153B52-3759-0000027CF7BE73F4.jpg

B7B1DA05-23CE-4ED1-BB0E-09364F9BC3C7-3759-0000027CF4804F41.jpg

• Like 4

Sparky

:WRS:

Looks like you got a well cared for machine. And yes its a cast iron motor, rear end and front axle.

Congrats!

Mike.............

nylyon

I have a 414-8 as well, but a year newer than yours. From the K-Series you have a 1986 machine, mine has a Magnum-14 on it but doesn't look nearly as nice as yours. They're good solid machines, I use mine all year long.

Wheel-N-It

Kevbo, that is a beautiful old Wheel Horse! You just bought one that I would love to have! Congragulations!!!

Seriously if this one runs as good as it looks, you will be hard pressed to find one to outwork it for nearly everything. Stay on top of all maintenance. Change the oil every 25 hours religously. Stay with a straight 30wieght oil until it gets realyreally cold. I suggest you check the transmission oil, and change it if it has water in it or appears to be the original oil. I use Lucas 90w in mine, and the transmission loves it. Check in here daily and learn everything you can about your 414 because they truely don't make them like yours anymore.

nylyon

Oh, and if needed the manuals area of the forum you'll find the owners manual for your year available to download.

KC9KAS

:WRS: It looks like a very nice/clean GT!

nylyon

Just noticed.... Electric lift.... NICE!

BOWTIE

KEVBO, WELCOME. THAT LOOKS LIKE A NICE TRACTOR AND A EASY LIFE. HAS IT BEEN RESTORED OR JUST THAT NICE?

BOWTIE IN OHIO

Kevbo

Thanks everyone!! I look forward to mowing for the last time this season with it sometime tomorrow or Sunday.

Wheel-N-It thanks for the Lucas recommendation! I have used their products in the past and look forward to draining the transmission oil and putting in Lucas 90w.

• Like 1

Kevbo

It had one owner who had it serviced at the same place that he bought since new. I believe it was garage kept and the fellow who owned before me was in his 80s and the reason he traded in was because "his neighbor just got a new tractor and he wanted one"...he traded this in for a new simplicity! This tractor has not been restored, I just cleaned it up with some WD-40 and Carnuba Wax =)

The electric lift works great!

• Like 1

BOWTIE

KEVBO, THAT IS QUITE A FIND. TAKE GOOD CARE OF IT.

BOWTIE IN OHIO

Kevbo

Thanks BOWTIE I will be sure to! I have definetly become an enthusiast =)

• Like 1

dbartlett1958

Enthusiast. A euphemism for addiction, obsession, your choice.

Welcome to Red Square.

• Like 2

Kevbo

Hehe thanks.

Kevbo

Where again can I download the manual off the forum?

varosd

:text-welcomeconfetti: Look under the Files tab and you will find a 'cornucopia' of information. {well it is Thanksgiving, when else can you ever get to say cornucopia?} :D

nylyon

You can find the manuals under the Manual tab, or off the link on the main page.

varosd

thanks Karl. me thinks that there was a file tab at the top of the homepage at one time! now renamed manuals. hyperlink provided below.

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/files/

nice looking 414-8!!!

Kevbo

Thank you!! I look forward to keeping you updated!

Tankman

Nice machine! Looks well "fed." Don't often see a Horse off-the-shelf as nice

as the one you picked up. I had to trash my 414 seat, ugly.

I have an '85 414-8 excellent Stallion! I'll have to groom him if he sees your 414!

Take care of that Horse!

stevebo

Very nice machine !! IMO that is one of the most dependable series/engine combo made. There is not much you will not be able to do with that machine. Get yourself a new set of decals from Terry (vendor here) and paint the front wheels silver (oem). Welcome to a great bunch of people here on this forum.

Kevbo

Thanks tankman and Stevebo! I was wondering why the front wheels were white...I will definitely be interested in painting the wheels silver this winter =) I didn't I could get replacement decals!! That would be awesome...

This forum has been so helpful!

Amanda

Nice buy

Kevbo

*didn't know

Thanks Amanda!

KC9KAS

This forum has been so helpful!

You are so right on this statement! :happy-jumpeveryone:

• Like 1