Sign in to follow this  
CRE1992

My One Owner 1979 C-161

CRE1992

Well I met Ken about a week ago as you guys know if you saw his Just In thread and did some trading. He got a nice But I was not able to take pictures as I had to go to school and the tractor sat in the back of my truck for a week! So here she is! I went to try and start her last night and she did not want to turn over. And the brake/clutch pedal was stuck. So I pulled off the side cover and hydro cam cover. She needs a new brake spring. Once I figured out that the pedal was hung up on the neutral safety switch so it would not turn over, nor roll! She runs very smooth! She does need somethings such as new engine cradle bushings, a brake spring, an idler pulley, an idler pulley spring, a new drive belt, and new steering gear as it is cracked.

But that is all okay as she has a new starter, carburetor, fuel pump, coil, points, and condenser.

Ken got her a little over a month ago from the original owner, and because he only had her for about a month, he says that :eusa-think: does not constitute it having 2 owners :ychain::banana-tux: .

Also those are the front wheel weights that I got for $30, Thanks to Sparky in CT for picking them up for me!

-Charles

BF9C70A2-A3A8-4D62-91E7-6213224C4053-2976-000002F9EC64149C.jpg

83C8DA42-19CD-47D1-A961-A75729625009-2976-000002FA03742C79.jpg5766100D-C86C-40AB-BE2F-813FD06AE25C-2976-000002F9FA61578C.jpg

C362FDA3-516D-49E4-9D21-59567A584FDA-2976-000002F9F4DFEE52.jpg

• Like 1

Wheelhorse84

Nice tractor.

buckrancher

nice tractor charles

varosd

great rig Charles I really want a C-160/161!!!! (but don't we all?) :occasion-xmas:

Jake Kuhn

Nice horse charles! Glad to hear you figured it out. ~Jake

squonk

Nice Horsie! :thumbs: That brake return spring is a PITA. I drilled a hole in the pedal rod on my 160 and hooked an external return spring to it. Lots easier than working inside with all the linkage.

CRE1992

Nice Horsie! :thumbs: That brake return spring is a PITA. I drilled a hole in the pedal rod on my 160 and hooked an external return spring to it. Lots easier than working inside with all the linkage.

Actually in 1978 or 1979 they went to an external brake set up. So it actually is not that much different than the way a newer eaton 11 rear end brake rod is set up.

And thanks guys! I look forward to replacing what she needs, and sticking a plow on her for the winter!

Edited by CRE1992

Ken B

Glad you got it figured out Charles. I didn't own it long enough to use the parking brake! We might have rode it 3 times and put a total of 10 minutes on her

leeave96

Nice tractor - especially hold onto those cast iron front wheel weights.

Wheel-N-It

Something to be proud of for sure!

• Like 1

rmaynard

Very nice tractor Charles. You can't go wrong with a hoss like that.

• Like 1

CRE1992

Very nice tractor Charles. You can't go wrong with a hoss like that.

Thanks, she should be at the big show next year.

Nice tractor - especially hold onto those cast iron front wheel weights.

Thanks! I plan on holding on to them. I actually have wheel horse sububan inner wheel weights, that will be going on the inside of the rims, and then the hunt will be on for the ever elusive cast iron rear set to match the fronts.

Glad you got it figured out Charles. I didn't own it long enough to use the parking brake! We might have rode it 3 times and put a total of 10 minutes on her

Thats okay Ken, she will get fixed up nice and used sparingly!

great rig Charles I really want a C-160/161!!!! (but don't we all?) :occasion-xmas:

Goodluck finding a C161, they are pretty hard to find!

nice tractor charles

Thanks!

Edited by CRE1992

Rock farmer

Nice tractor!

Thanks for posting the pics.

I see you have lights front and rear

Full tach-a-matic hitch system

Hydrostatic trans with hydro lift

And I see a chain hanging off the differential.

Does it have the rock shaft and tube back there too?

Funny it doesn't have a hitch.

All and all a very well equipped tractor!

Congrats

Joe

• Like 1

CRE1992

Nice tractor!

Thanks for posting the pics.

I see you have lights front and rear

Full tach-a-matic hitch system

Hydrostatic trans with hydro lift

And I see a chain hanging off the differential.

Does it have the rock shaft and tube back there too?

Funny it doesn't have a hitch.

All and all a very well equipped tractor!

Congrats

Joe

Thanks, yes it has the cable and rock shaft and the chain dangling down. It should have a clevis hitch on it, however I did not get it with one, Ken B who I got it from said it did not have one when he got it. So it disappeared somewhere down the line lol. Good eyes!

-Charles

whc160

:text-coolphotos: You can't go wrong with the K341 Kolher's. I would not give mine up for anything.

c-series don

Nice tractor I have a two owner c-161 and love it . The 78-79 c series are my favorite , I have several. A good c-161 is hard to find it took me years to find one so take care of that old gal!!!!!