Sign in to follow this  
Rollerman

Heald Hauler...new yard cruiser

Rollerman

Found this browsing Craigslist the other night & went after it.

Should be pretty handy cruising around the yard or running back & forth to the inlaws.

It's an electric Heald Hauler trike, it's in super nice shape other than some questionable batteries & a worn drive belt.

It runs three 12V batteries for 36volts & uses a stepped/mechanical speed control thats controled through a twist throttle like a motorcycle.

The motor runs a torque converter clutch setup.

I'm going to put three newer deep cycle batteries in it & replace the drive belt.

So I'm curious if anyone knows anything about these or has used one before.

I'd like to know what kind of speed & runtime I can expect.

2012-11-13_20-51-03_426.jpg

2012-11-13_20-50-29_132.jpg

2012-11-13_20-50-41_162.jpg

2012-11-13_20-51-14_952.jpg

bowtiebutler956

I've never seen one before, but it looks like its in fantastic shape. :text-datsphatyo: That will come in very handy, and its even the right color! :thumbs:

Matt :flags-texas:

Jake Kuhn

Never seen one of those. Looks very cool though!!!

Ken B

Someone was trying too sell one right here in the classifieds not to long ago, his was motorized and I believe he lived in Mass.

AMC RULES

Found it...

Rollerman

Someone was trying too sell one right here in the classifieds not to long ago, his was motorized and I believe he lived in Mass.

Found it...

Ya I found that last night searching the web for info.

I got ahold of the original designer of the Heald Hauler tonight, "Ron Kimball".

He told me quite a bit about it & is sending me a manual, plans with a wiring schematic.

Less than 200 of these made, built in 77, with a top speed of 10MPH!

I'll have to make sure I keep my Red Square hat on extra tight when I open it up.

The wife & I cruised down to her parents place tonight on it...where my father inlaw teased me about the speed.

So it's no race car, but it will be handy hauling things around the yard...without burning gas.

Next time my father inlaw runs out of fuel on his Z turn....maybe I'll be nice enough to run some more out to him.

• Like 1

Wheel-N-It

Hey, what a great find!!! Maybe you can get some stimulus money for the new batteries and drive belt. :ROTF:

I would not mind going green with something this!

I really like it, and have never seen one before.

AMC RULES

The wife & I cruised down to her parents place tonight on it...where my father inlaw teased me about the speed.

So it's no race car, but it will be handy hauling things around the yard...without burning gas.

Next time my father inlaw runs out of fuel on his Z turn....maybe I'll be nice enough to run some more out to him.

If I were you, I'd be chompin' at the :wh: bit...waiting for that day to come. :)