maddog

Wheel horse raider

maddog

I have a 1970 raider 10 that im in the process off restoring/ putting to use. I got it free when i was in high school, we saved it from the scrap yard. I'm currently trying to hook up a 38in mowing deck but am having trouble. I'm not sure where the deck lift bar connects to on the tractor itself. i can figure out the lift handle assembly, but the other sid with the "T" im not sure. does anyone have pictures of where it connects?

KC9KAS

:WRS:

maddog

i probably spent 4 hours looking at every manual on that link, i can't get a clear picture, something tells me i'm missing a bracket

baerpath

The T usually connects to the tran mount There is a hole on the either sides almost to the top. The T goes across the mount with the arm facing forward and the curve going downward

Duane

• Like 1

ericj

raider 10 might not have hole in the frame for the T bar, the pre 73 tractors used a differant lift set up, wheel horse made a special lift bar to go from the lift arm to the deck to use a quick attach deck, your local dealer may still have the lift rod or somebody on here may have one

eric j

maddog

thats the problem with the dealers here, theres only 1 in the area that will service older tractors, the others will only work on 1980 and newer. I thought the holes on the bottom would work, but 1 there too wide apart and it doesn't alllow the arm to piviot correctly. Putting it up on the frame seemed to work, but when the deck was lowered, the arm slid forward which didnt seem right. as much as i don't want to, i might have to make some brackets. if anyone has a picture so i can get a rough idea on the location is to be, it would be greatly appreciated.

maddog

just had a thought: would it be possible to take a newer tranny mount and install it on a older raider?

ericj

sorry i didn't get back last knight, no a trans swap won't work, you need to swap frames. do you have a 73 or newer tractor to look at. i thought when i tried to put the lift arm under a pre 73 tractor (I think it was a 72 bronco not sure any more) it did not have the hole in both sides of the frame. the holes i was putting it in, were lower than the proper placement hole. if i recall one side fits into a bushing and the other side fits semi-tight in the frame. hopr this helps

eric j

pfrederi

The older units used a bent rod and trunnion setup to raise the deck. Picture 1 is from my Electro12 but the hook up would be the same on your raider. pic 2 is what the rod and trunnion looks like

0e5649220429634.jpg 9486f8220429636.jpg

• Like 1

maddog

those pics helped a lot paul. i think i'm going to make some brackets for the current lift arm i have, seeing as i already have the arm. parts are hard enough to find for my raider. Heck, i made a craftsman plow hook up to the raider. (I'm sure i'm going to catch hell for that one) hopefully i'll be able to get some pics up whan its all said and done.

SousaKerry

My first tractor came with a home bashed crapsman plow hooked to the front quick tach of all places.

maddog

so does anyone know where i can find the side mount pto clutch bracket, part number 4383? i've tried making one, but its a pain. the bracket is the one with 3 locking notches. thanks