Sign in to follow this  
Tap53

Homemade Vertical/Horizontal Bandsaw

Tap53

Heres a few pic of the Bandsaw I built last winter, had to cut everything by hand because of course I had no Bandsaw, everything is off the shelf parts, have a vertical table that attaches, auto stop, air cylinder for feed control, homemade idler, angle cut from 0 to 70 degrees, quick clamp vice,

1/2 hp, 200 fpm,, will cut square within .025", have shields and covers, but not yet attached.

Sorry, NO Plans, except my notes and whats in my head...

• Like 1

KATO

SWEET !!!!

Almost looks overbuilt ... but thats a good thing.

SousaKerry

Nice job, not very much wrap on the motor pulley, have you had problems with the belt slipping?

Tap53

No cast Iron like other saws, so needed to allow for that, but dont really see what is overbuilt, just wondering.

Thanks, Tim

Tap53

Nothing has slipped, runs very smooth and quiet, have cut alot of steel with no problems, yet anyway, its a machine so things do happen.

krazy_horse

Very nice saw. I hope someday I will find a hidden talent to build such as this, it better be soon because I'm 70. HaHa

Tap53

Very nice saw. I hope someday I will find a hidden talent to build such as this, it better be soon because I'm 70. HaHa

Thanks,

You could do it, just takes alot of paper and pencils and time, and it help alittle when an engineer ex-friend says it cant be done.

Coadster32

Very nice build indeed. Great fab skills you have!! :bow-blue:

fireman

Can you post some pictures of the clamp on vertical table? I just bought a nice 40 year old horizontal band saw that will stand up vertically but it doesn't have a horizontal table. I want to make one and I'm looking for ideas.