Sign in to follow this  
welderman85

snow cab windows

welderman85

hi i just picked up a steel cab for my 314 off a green thing. it will need a little work but it was only 50.00 anyways the clear plastic windows are foggy and i was wondering if anyone ever tryed to use the headlight restor or a like product on them to clear them up. thanks sorry if i posted this in the wrong spot.

JackC

i have used paste wax to clear up a plastic rear window on a convertible. You could try it on a small spot.

welderman85
8114288499_acb60f2daf_m.jpg8114288553_2abac2dd81_m.jpg it came with the glass to i did think 50.00 was to bad i dont know . sorry if this is in the wrong spot It allso came with a cool back seat heater that seems to work great

AMC RULES

Before mounting, I'm thinking that thing is gonna need some :wh: red paint and vinyl dye in a bad way. :teasing-poke:

welderman85

:wh:

Before mounting, I'm thinking that thing is gonna need some :wh: red paint and vinyl dye in a bad way. :teasing-poke:

you are correct sir theres no way i would mount that green stuff on a wheelhorse. for now the doors will be painted/dyed and the cab painted next year my neibor is going to reskin the doors and sew up all new vinyl for it hoepefuly when im done hopefully it will look factory/good

• Like 1

AMC RULES

Thanks be to the :wh: gods. :)

• Like 1

dsholler

There are a bunch of marine products that are made specifically to do this. you could try something like this http://www.defender.com/product.jsp?path=-1|10918|309314|311452&id=197549, but of course, since it is made for boats it costs a fortune for what it is.

slufoot733

I recently heard that TOOTHPASTE will polish plastic headlight lenses......try it on a small spot on your wondow. If it doesn't work then you're not out anything. But if it does....cheap fix! Good luck.

roscoemi

I've used toothpaste in the past. Just got my cab on and will try on my windows this weekend, it hasn't been washed in it's life (1979).

MalMac

I use a product called Novus It is the best stuff I have used on cab windows. Another member on here HorseFixer turned me on to it. It is not cheap, I found mine on ebay. It does a great job on the cab windows. I have two cabs on of which is a 1978 vintage. It had real foggy scratched up windows. Using Novus and some elbow grease they came back to almost factory new.

midnight rambler

if it dont work cut the plastic out and put plexi glass in its place.

CasualObserver

I'll second the Novus polish. I'll see if I can find some before and after pics.

Sent from my Galaxy S iii with Tapatalk 2

Fun Engineer

I'll second the Novus polish. I'll see if I can find some before and after pics.

x's 3 on the Novus.

I used this on my plastic windows and it works very well.

Great deal on the cab. I welded a flat bracket on the rear of my fender to mount a Cub Cadet cab on my 314-A. Everything else lined right up.

CasualObserver

Before...

4-26-09009.jpg

4-26-09012.jpg

After...

HPIM2817.jpg

HPIM2818.jpg

• Like 1