Sign in to follow this  
6wheeler

Tractor prices

6wheeler

Well folks, I am just stunned in disbelief. I have nothing to do tonite besides cruise RS and my local CL. While on the latter, I found 2, yes I said 2 Wheel Horses on there.That alone is strange here. The first is a D-250 with a loader (I am intrigued) then comes the price $2500.00 (un-intrigued). So I scroll down. Stop, wait. A D-160 three point, deck , rear pto. Cool, clean but not restored. Priced to move quick.$3600.00. I may need to sell my stuff and retire. Are these prices normal for other locations as well? Just asking. Pat

1maidenfan

Thats

Well folks, I am just stunned in disbelief. I have nothing to do tonite besides cruise RS and my local CL. While on the latter, I found 2, yes I said 2 Wheel Horses on there.That alone is strange here. The first is a D-250 with a loader (I am intrigued) then comes the price $2500.00 (un-intrigued). So I scroll down. Stop, wait. A D-160 three point, deck , rear pto. Cool, clean but not restored. Priced to move quick.$3600.00. I may need to sell my stuff and retire. Are these prices normal for other locations as well? Just asking. Pat

I dont think that is to far off on the d250 since it has a loader also. Now the D160 is another story! That is a WAY OFF price on that one, unless its N.O.S. or one with very,very few hours. I picked up my D160 bare boned though for $500. It now has pto, 3pt and 60" rear mower. Works like a dream, love 'em.

can whlvr

i dont own a d,but to me those prices are WAY high

JackC

The D-250 is advertised for $3200 and the D-160 is $2300.

Both sellers feature brand new batteries. Maybe the batteries are expensive in that area?

Take a $1,000 of of each and they would be in the ball park.

JackC

OK, I see the D-160 for $3,600. Take at least $2,000 off of that one.

AMC RULES

Maybe if you agree to let them keep their batteries...

the prices will be a little more reasonable. :confusion-shrug:

• Like 3

Rock farmer

At least with your getting a real tractor!

I just saw a cl ad for a wheelhorse for $700.

So I click on it and its a rear engine job!

Maybe $50 or $100 tops!

These guys must be saying "I don't know what it is, but I know

It's worth a lot of money!

I'd like to sell them all the rear engine jobs I can find for $500!

They can make $200 of every one I bring them!

Well both get rich!

Unless someone is just crazy?

Joe

1maidenfan

Maybe if you agree to let them keep their batteries...

the prices will be a little more reasonable. :confusion-shrug:

:text-yeahthat:

rydogg

There was a nice D250 on cl minneapolis earlier this week it was a running machine with good paint and mowing deck the guy was asking $700 obo I was going to go after it but it sold pretty quick.

speedyleedy

I think some of these guy on craigslist had a bump on the head a time or two ! :laughing-rofl:

Jeremy Watson

Earlier this year I watched a D180 w FEL get bid up to $3400+. So I guess it depends how deep your pockets are. Another thought is I don't know if you can get anything new with a FEL for under 10k.

Jeremy

Sparky

Another way to look at it. These tractors don't have a pricing guide to go to like Kelly Blue Book for cars or a real estate agent for local housing values. We have to scour the internet to find out what some one else has sold one for on E-bay or see what the asking prices are on Craigslist. I bet the sellers of those two tractors are not Wheel horse guys, might of scored it at an estate sale or something, and on the web they found a similar tractor up for sale around that price range and so they followed suit.

I'm sure after a few weeks of no calls or offers much lower than their asking prices they will have to adjust the price or be stuck with the tractors.

Mike.......

Irv

And how about the C121 that Daves Tractor has on ebay for $2200? What is he thinking? There are some people out there that think they have gold and try for the big score but if you are patient you can find decent deals.

• Like 1

JackC

And how about the C121 that Daves Tractor has on ebay for $2200? What is he thinking? There are some people out there that think they have gold and try for the big score but if you are patient you can find decent deals.

It looks like it was repainted and then the wrong decals were used.

If it were a true original then maybe, but it reminds me of how they paint used cars to unload onto someone.

Dave is out of touch on some of his prices. No harm asking I guess.

• Like 1

"D"- Man

I purchased a 6" clutch plate from Dave's Tractor World listed as "NEW OLD STOCK" the paint was scratched off. But keep in mind the price was only $86.00 and the part I received was worth every bit of $5.00 I filed a claim and p-pal ruled in my favor!!! Needles to say I have not bid on Dave's items since.

bowtieguy

Think I'll open a new battery store....buy a new battery and get your choice of a FREE Wheel Horses ....how about that?

• Like 1

Challenger

If available, what would a NEW Kwik-Way or comparable brand loader for one of these tractors sell for? After a few years of use, how much less would that loader system (well maintained) sell for? Why are well engineered, very high quality garden tractors such as Wheel Horses supposed to depreciate so much from their new sale price? Compact Utility Tractors don't seem to depreciate very much very quickly. Why should a Wheel Horse?

• Like 1

specialwheelhorse

Well they say the value of anything is what anyone is willing to pay.

But that being said I'm sure not willing in most cases.

But then when I walk by the line up at the box store at 3 grand a pop

makes me think about that pile of plastic.

And that reminds me of my good buddy (old wheel horse dealer)

Accidentaly dropped a 13 inch pine on his favorite horse

of course beat the hood out ,straightendup the steering wheel

and was off and running.

IIf this had been plastic he would still be sweeping up the pieces,

and there really isn't much market for junk plastic !!

• Like 2