Sign in to follow this  
AMC RULES

The New $200 BAzing!

Jake Kuhn

Wow! You certainly were a burglar! Looks like its in great shape! :bow-blue: I hope I can run across one of those next year, always wanted one. ~Jake

855ownerJoel

OK Im jealous! I a still waiting for mine. Love the rearview mirror pic.

dclarke

Nice score Craig. :thumbs: I'd sure like to have one of those some day.

fireman

I saw that one. Almost jumped on it the other day!

Rollerman

Nice score Craig, good to see deals can still be found.....now go buy a lottery ticket.

• Like 1

bowtiebutler956

Thats AWESOME Craig!! :woohoo: You now own my dream Horse, and for $200? :jaw::bow-blue: Congratulations, and my day will come. :thumbs: So, are you going to put a stack on that beast, so we can really hear that Thumper, Thump! :wicked:

Matt :flags-texas:

AMC RULES

Thanks guys...wondering, Is the grill supposed to be blacked out on the '75 models?

Actually, I am kinda suprised how quiet it seems to be Matt, looks like the stock muffler has had a few patches over the years...wonder if that has something to do with it? :scratchead:

whc160

:woohoo: Congrats Craig ! The grill should be painted red. The 160's came painted all red, but for the rims. All four of mine are painted red & so is Dad's. But I do paint the screens on the flywheels of mine black. It is just the way I like it. You sure got a sweet deal. My 76 is the one I paid the least for $75. But it needed four new tires, rims painted, and a trans plate welded in. But it ran like a top when I got it.

squonk

Another member of the C-160 club! :bow-blue: I'm NOT evening the score by getting a Tecky though! :)

• Like 1

AMC RULES

With the engine tag...can we confirm this is a '75 model? :scratchead:

midnight rambler

nice ride. i have both 8 speed and hydro, love both of them.

AMC RULES

Another member of the C-160 club! :bow-blue: I'm NOT evening the score by getting a Tecky though! :)

I was thinking of you the other day Mike...

when I received my cool new Tecumseh t-shirt to wear to next years big show. :ychain:

• Like 2

Ken B

That is a wicked good deal. Ya don't see too many C-16O 8 SPEEDS.

bowtiebutler956

With the engine tag...can we confirm this is a '75 model? :scratchead:

I'm sure there is a way to do that Craig, but you can confirm its year with the tractors id tag on the tower, below the choke control, and gas tank. I'm pretty sure I can see it in one of your pics. Just use the Toro link listed here at RedSquare. :thumbs:

Matt :flags-texas:

AMC RULES

That is a wicked good deal. Ya don't see too many C-16O 8 SPEEDS.

Those creeper gears sure are a trip Ken...quite the little torque monsters they are.

I stripped the turf off the bank of the front lawn...playing with it in the rain today. :eusa-doh:

whc160

The 74 & 75 had the flip up rear fender pan, hood ornament, and no rockshaft for the rear lift. The 76 & 77 had the solid mount rear fender pan, no hood ornament, & used a rockshaft for the rear lift.

• Like 1

312Hydro

Wow, great score! It even has rear wheel weights :handgestures-thumbupright: :handgestures-thumbupright:

AMC RULES

OK, so '74 or 5 it is...

means it's an early AMC then. :thumbs:

I figured those weights alone might see $200 on a good day. :confusion-shrug:

• Like 1

Ken B

So Craig, where are you gonna keep this one? The stall must be gettin tight. :ychain:

Wheel-N-It

Congragulations Craig!!! I am very happy for you. The K-341 engine is a torque monster for its size. I have one freshly rebuilt in a IH Cub Cadet 1650. I like it so much, that I'm beginning to look for a K-341 powered Wheel Horse such as the one you are showing us here. I hope the weather is good for you to get lots of seat time on it this weekend.

• Like 1

squonk

I was thinking of you the other day Mike...

when I received my cool new Tecumseh t-shirt to wear to next years big show. :ychain:

Just my luck! I'm planning on staying for the full show next year and I'll have to put up with that! icon_mfhide.gif

squonk

My 76 C-160 is a mongrel. It has a ser. no. of 61-16KS02. but it has the hood ornament, flip up seat and no rock shaft. :confusion-scratchheadblue:

post-2380-0-76310400-1350728953_thumb.jp

• Like 1

squonk

Just watched the video. It stopped before the fun began. Man you need a set or arched ramps! :ychain:

JimD

What a great deal. Congrats Craig! :)

• Like 1